Ojai ride Sunday July 1st

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HELP!!!! HELP!!!
I'm at the Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas right now, drove up from San Diego.

Stopped at San Altos to get a new rear, so I'm on nice tasty Stradas and have them about scrubbed in and feeling great.

I've read back over the thread (from the hotel shared computer) now that I have time to relax, and I'm corn-fused.

Did I go too far north? Was I supposed to meet you guys down in LA at the 101? I thought twowheelnut said to be at the 76 in Ojai at 8:30am????

Did I just miss part of the ride by coming up this far by myself???

Someone in charge please post a list of meeting times and places, since it sounds like different folks plan at being at different points along the way. Sorry, I'm new to all this and was expecting a more unified source/statement of information, all the replies and reply/reply/reply nested stuff got very confusing to my pea brain.

If I'm already in Calabasas (Oxnard). I have my gps, as well as the crackberry's google maps and access to email, just someone get in touch with me and give me a definitive answer, please. Thanks in advance.

twowheelnut and jdog have my direct contact info. PM's to me here won't do much good after I log off and go back to my room, but I'll try to check again in the morning before breakfast.
Nope, you are still south of the 1st pick-up point in Ventura. 101N. Exit Victoria Ave, turn right and left into Carl's Jr. about 4 blocks up. They book at 8 AM and these dudes book! You are about 30 minutes at (FJR speed) away from that point. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
HELP!!!! HELP!!!

Stopped at San Altos to get a new rear, so I'm on nice tasty Stradas and have them about scrubbed in and feeling great.

I've read back over the thread (from the hotel shared computer) now that I have time to relax, and I'm corn-fused.

Did I go too far north? Was I supposed to meet you guys down in LA at the 101? I thought twowheelnut said to be at the 76 in Ojai at 8:30am????

Someone in charge please post a list of meeting times and places, since it sounds like different folks plan at being at different points along the way. Sorry, I'm new to all this and was expecting a more unified source/statement of information, all the replies and reply/reply/reply nested stuff got very confusing to my pea brain.

If I'm already in Calabasas (Oxnard). I have my gps, as well as the crackberry's google maps and access to email, just someone get in touch with me and give me a definitive answer, please. Thanks in advance.

twowheelnut and jdog have my direct contact info. PM's to me here won't do much good after I log off and go back to my room, but I'll try to check again in the morning before breakfast.
Nope, you are still south of the 1st pick-up point in Ventura. 101N. Exit Victoria Ave, turn right and left into Carl's Jr. about 4 blocks up. They book at 8 AM and these dudes book! You are about 30 minutes at (FJR speed) away from that point. ;)
Thanks, dude, I'll be there between 7:15 and 7:30, should give me time to top off, whiz and get situated. Will leave the hotel here around 6:45a. Many thanks again.

HELP!!!! HELP!!!

Thanks, dude, I'll be there between 7:15 and 7:30, should give me time to top off, whiz and get situated. Will leave the hotel here around 6:45a. Many thanks again.
Ray if you see this before you leavin the AM John and I will be going by there at around 7.10 so keep your eyes open for us.

Richard

who else and where ?

Hit the Road Jack...

...down from Bakersfield and meet you at the corner of Lockwood Valley Rd. and Frazier Mt. Pk, Road (at the Pizza Shop). I'll plan to be there ~9:15ish.

Still holding for details on the lunch meeting spot so JB and I can pop in for a visit. Time and place please :unsure:

got delayed.. working on it.. some buds on dual sporties stopped by..
bxp133160.jpg

Ya Know?

Ordinarily, I would have been "All over" this ride with Bells on! But I leave in the O'Dark:30 for the yearly family vacation Manana~!

You guys have a safe ride over my local roads, and NO MORE... broken ribs, Ya Hear?

Watch for gravel on 58, for slippery tar snakes, and cattle that have decided to break through a fence to get to the greener stuff on the road edge!

cheers,

So did we decide where to get our grub on yet?????? :umnik:
I don't know I am lost already, I hope Tims Zumo is working.

Richard
No GPS. The Zumo is not here yet and the 276C is boxed and read to ship to Heidi, so I just gonna whet my finger and see which way the Strom takes me. Yeah, that's right, the Strom. FJR is still up on it's centerstand sans wheel, brake caliper and 1 rotor bolt. Why is nothing ever in stock in California? :glare:

Yo, Donny! Where's lunch at?

ahhhhwwwwwww fuck TWN... " he who falls behind gets left behind as our sweeper" :fuck:

Ittty bittty 650

whats up with the Feeeejr

JD

HELP!!!! HELP!!!

Wrong 1st stop will be in Ventura At the Chevron Station 101 and Victoria will depart at 8:00am to Ojai stop

OK, sorry for the delay JB et al...

Me n' the lady are supposed to meet the gang at Cerro Noreste /166 at 10 to 10:15..

MapSource sez it is 2 hours 20 minutes to Creston = 12:35..

Ok..photobucket is really messing with me right now.. can't display the pix here.

it won't allow me to paste the route... fuck!

Maybe a link will work..

The route from Cerro Noreste to Creston..

and the route from 101 South to Atascadero to Creston

JB and north guyz - Creston is a very small town.. VERY small. You can't miss it. We will have lunch at the Long Branch, Webster and and 2nd Street, Creston, 805-238-1152; this place is 'with attitude' and kind of fun. If you desire more than burgers and fries, less than 1/10 mile away is the Loading Chute with better food, more money, 6350 Webster Rd, Creston, CA 805-237-1259.

Me n' the lady are supposed to meet the gang at Cerro Noreste /166 at 10 to 10:15..

Ok..photobucket is really messing with me right now.. can't display the pix here.

Maybe a link will work..

JB and north guyz - Creston is a very small town.. VERY small. You can't mess it. We will have lunch at the Long Branch, Webster and and 2nd Street, Creston, 805-238-1152; this place is 'with attitude' and kind of fun. If you desire more than burgers and fries, less than 1/10 mile away is the Loading Chute with better food, more money, 6350 Webster Rd, Creston, CA 805-237-1259.
So when, and where, is the lunch stop?

nm :wacko: the quote just grew :p

Maybe a link will work..

JB and north guyz - Creston is a very small town.. VERY small. You can't mess it. We will have lunch at the Long Branch, Webster and and 2nd Street, Creston, 805-238-1152; this place is 'with attitude' and kind of fun. If you desire more than burgers and fries, less than 1/10 mile away is the Loading Chute with better food, more money, 6350 Webster Rd, Creston, CA 805-237-1259.
So when, and where, is the lunch stop?

nm :wacko: the quote just grew :p
I am so struggling to make photobucket work with the forum right now..

JB and I will shoot for Creston at about 12ish. Thanks for the details dcarver