OK, really....$93 for the Yamaha repair manual?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poprocks

Reaction score
Is that correct or am I looking in the wrong place? I clicked the link that was posted in the new guy section. WTF, really? Surely you guys must know where to get them cheaper, right? BTW I'm only interested in the genuine Yamaha one.

I paid $68 a couple years ago for the OEM shop manual. From a place in California with an online site. Sorry, but can't recall the name.

Seems a bit steep IMHO

There's a few of them on FleaBay in the $45 range. Some new, some used, check the year on the search.

I paid $68 a couple years ago for the OEM shop manual. From a place in California with an online site. Sorry, but can't recall the name.
Seems a bit steep IMHO
Holy dead baby chickens, Batman! I just checked Yamaha's website and, sure enough, $93.00..! I too paid only $68.00 2 years ago - direct from Yamaha. I wonder what prompted the 37% increase? Better paper..?? Color pictures..?? Making up for slow bike sales..?? :glare:

Seems a bit steep IMHO
Holy dead baby chickens, Batman! I just checked Yamaha's website and, sure enough, $93.00..! I too paid only $68.00 2 years ago - direct from Yamaha. I wonder what prompted the 37% increase? Better paper..?? Color pictures..?? Making up for slow bike sales..?? :glare:
How about the relative price of the US dollar vs. the Yen? They're done in japan.

Note that the cheapies on Ebay are probably copyright violations.

How about the relative price of the US dollar vs. the Yen? They're done in japan.

Hmm... perhaps, but I don't see the prices of bikes or OEM parts increasing by any 37%... yet. (And Harley Davidson help us if they do..!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wellllllll....that could be one of the reasons I began this thread (Alternate FJR Parts Sources) in the FAQ section. I'd bet with a little effort at your computer you can beat that price quote.

Er...uhm....Gary McCoy's information is on that list of sources. :rolleyes:

The manual for late-model FJRs includes a lot of parallel coverage for the AE model. Surprising how much is different enough to warrant its own coverage. All that extra material probably drove the price up.

I haven't found the '09 manual very user-friendly or comprehensive. Whoever writes the Yamaha book should look at Honda's ST1300 manual to see how it should be done. That said, the official service manual is always the first thing I buy for a new bike. Unless you will never go any deeper than an oil change (covered in the owners manual), the service manual is a must.

pete