Old Michael Goes to Rome

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Rich

Arrested Development
Reaction score
Old Michael was at his barber’s getting her hair cut for a trip to Rome

with Beemerdon. (You know those Irish Catholics have to make a pilgrimage once in their lifetime)

He mentioned the trip to his barber, who responded: " Rome? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded and dirty. You're crazy to go to Rome.

So, how are you getting there?"

"We're taking Continental," was the reply. "Don and I got a great rate!"

"Continental?" exclaimed the barber. "That's a terrible airline.

Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late.

So, where are you staying in Rome?"

"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome 's Tiber River called Teste."

"Don't go any further said the barber. I know that place. Everybody thinks its gonna be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump."

"Don and I are going to go to see the Vatican and maybe get to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the barber. You and a million other people

trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant.

Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, Old Michael went back in for a trim. The barber asked about his the trip to Rome.

"It was wonderful," explained Old Michael, "not only were we on time in one of Continental's brand new planes, but it was overbooked, and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a gorgeous 28-year-old stewardess who waited on Don and me hand and foot.

And the hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job, and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the barber, "that's all well and good, but I know you

didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, because as Don and I toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained that the Pope likes to meet Irish Catholics and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet us.

"Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me."

"Oh, really! What'd he say?"

He said: "Who fucked up your hair?"

This can't be true because those two would have been hit by lightning if they had come close to the Vatican let a lone set foot upon its holiest of soil.

That was good one.

They wouldn't let me in, but I guess that's because I'm English

88917397ff6c1d7063137e10ca66c2e4f73cba4a2ef1bb8ab95e844ea8bdbd8c2ca2f029.jpg

The original joke had potential! <_<

But, the Duomo in the pic was not designed by Bramante (he died), it was designed by Michaelangelo however, it turned out to be a great lantern for the top of the Vatican.

Sh_t, I need a haricut!

WTF? What's with the iron fence in that picture?

When I was there just a short time ago (1980?) it was WFO and you could stroll right on in up to St Peters and the pope's lil' balcony.

I also notice a conspicuous lack of people...

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF? What's with the iron fence in that picture?
When I was there just a short time ago (1980?) it was WFO and you could stroll right on in up to St Peters and the pope's lil' balcony.

I also notice a conspicuous lack of people...
Great eyes on you Fred W! Somewhere in my photo / slides collection I have this same shot without the fence being in it.

Orestes feet would be on St. Peter's Square and that is the Obelisk revering Pope Pius XII. Wonder when fence was added?

When I was there just a short time ago (1980?)
For Chrissakes Fred. You know you're a relic when 30 years is "a short time". That was a bunch of popes ago.

Wonder when fence was added?
Probably right after they noticed YOU lurking, ..."San Burrito". :D

Great eyes on you Fred W!
Yo. Could you take the flirting to a PM?

Did OM and Beemerdon kiss the pope's... er.... ahhhh..... ring?

Why didn't the Pope pray for OM's bad haircut?

This is a very sad and embarrassing story Dr. Rich....