Old topic new question. FZ-1 mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sq61708

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered already but I can't find the answer.

Will stock 2014 FZ-1 mirrors fit on a 2007 FJR 1300.

Thanks for your input.

Yes.

These fit:

Left-5LV-26280-00-00
Right-5LV-26290-00-00

Not sure what generation FZ-1 they're from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

I was under the impression that only 01 to 05 FZ-1 mirrors would fit but wanted to check with someone more informed thant me.

I can get a very clean pair from a 2014 FZ-1 for only $40 canadian. Sounds like a good deal.

If you think something from another thread then it's better to use that trhead and ask clarifying information instead of starting a new thread like this one. "Or I searched and found x and y, but still not sure because of a & b" and ask clarifying question instead of just going to straight to "Sorry if this has been answered already but I can't find the answer."

I even put a link on the x for you for one of the many, Many, MANY threads I found on the subject.

I have used the search engine as best as I could but after reading many posts I couldn't find a clear answer to my specific question. My bad I guess.

Thanks for your help and so very sorry for having wasted your time.

Oh and don't worry, I won't start any new thread on what motor oil I should use.
biggrinsmiley.gif

I have used the search engine as best as I could but after reading many posts I couldn't find a clear answer to my specific question. My bad I guess.
There's more than the forum search engine. We suggested them when you signed up.

Thanks for your help and so very sorry for having wasted your time.
If you were wasting my time, I wouldn't have bothered answering at all. This forum rewards folks that extend the conversation and build on things...and not just providing search welfare. Thanks for taking an extra step.

Are you sure the newer mirrors will work? I also thought it was only the Gen1 Fz1 mirrors. I guess I've never looked, and that info may be because when I bought my '07, that was what everyone was using. I have the part numbers if needed. However, $40 is a great price, so don't hurt to try.

Not the same -

Gen I (01-05) are 5LV-26280-00-00 & -26290-00-00

Gen II (06+) are 3C3-26280-10-00 & 3C3-26290-10-00

Now, that said, they share similar mounts with identical bolt spacing, so would technically fit, but one may work better than the other.

I had the plastics off the front of my 2006 FJR the other day, and since I had a set of aftermarket mirrors (EMGO) for my 2006 FZ1 i thought I would install them on the FJR to improve the field of view.

I found that the bolt spacing was different and they wouldn't fit. The EMGO catalogue shows the bolt spacing on the 2001 thru 2005 FZ1 mirrors at 28mm while the 2006 thru 2015 went to 40mm. so the spacing for my 2006 must be 28mm. Oh well, next time !

(catalogue attached) https://www.mrmotorcycles.co.nz/resources/products/18810-35.1770/emgo-mirror-catalogue-2017.pdf