Olympia Airglide 3 pants?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Toro Joe

FYYFF
Reaction score
I am considering these pants, I would like to use them as overpants...so how does the sizing run? Everything that I have been able to find out says to order them 1 size up...that would be a 36. Is this info true?

I find they run close to true to size, however if you wear 34 in some pants and 36 in other,s get the larger size. Remember, they are sized to fit with the insulated waterproof/windproof layer. They tend to be a bit larger when these layers are not being used. For 4-season use, it doesn't hurt to have the next size up. I use suspenders with them because that allows for the extra room and keeps them in place (very fashionable). The larger the size, the longer the leg length. I need to lose a few inches to get the length right. :glare:

BTW, you'll really like these. The Olympia mesh works great all year for me, ranging from wearing shorts in summer under the pants, to wearing suit pants for an appointment. The full length zippers make a big difference. Also, I have seen these go through a low-side (not me),and they are very protective and the CE padding stays in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am considering these pants, I would like to use them as overpants...so how does the sizing run? Everything that I have been able to find out says to order them 1 size up...that would be a 36. Is this info true?
Had mine for over 2 years, and they are quite comfortable over jeans, shorts or boxers. Never tested their durability, thank God. The waist was spot-on, if not a little generous. The length however wasn't long enough for me: the seemed fine in the store and when standing/walking, but when riding they were just above the top of my boots. I contacted Olympia and they sent me some more of the material, which my wife used to lengthen them a few inches.

I appreciated the support I got from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
That reminds me, I had a jacket liner zipper fail. They sent a replacement even though it was out of warranty.

My wife and I both have these and love them. I think they run true to size pretty much. They seem a little long when standing up but once you sit on the bike everything is where it is supposed to be and the legs of the pants don't pull up on your boots. Probably the most comfortable riding pant I have owned.

I just bought the jacket and the pants. Waist size on the pants (36) seems spot-on. However, your only choice of inseam with a 34 or larger waist is 35 inches. A bit long for me, but they can always be altered for the zipper stops about 5-6 inches from the bottom. Very, very comfortable and looks great too! I highly recommend Olympia gear.

I have the Airglide 2 outfit that I have worn for the last five years and it is a great looking and versatile outfit.

I bought the pants first, because they were silver and cooler in sun, and liked them so well I bought the jacket too!!

If you are a "bigger" guy, the sizing as over jeans is about right. I wear 40-42 jeans and the 44 Airglide 3 fit about right. Very comfortable with liner in cold temps, cool enough in hot temps. Very satisifed user of both jacket and pants. Not crash tested.