One More Things Yanks Need To Know

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, Tim's was featured on Sunday Morning this sunday morning!

More sales and stores than MickeyD's!

Stopped at a Tim Horton's a time or two during my run at the first CFR a couple of years ago. Good donuts, coffee and sandwiches.

I just want to make certain that we all have this right so that we culturally insensitive Americans do not commit a faux pas while visiting.

At Fenway it's "A dog and a beer" but at Rogers Centre it's "A jelly and a beer"?

CULINARY EMERGENCY: It's painfully just dawned on me, other than 2 years overseas in US Army and summers working in Alaska way back in the Eighties, I've never been outside of 135 miles of the Mexican border and never 24 hours away from, and without, La Comida Mexicana! Is there decent Mexican Food eatery within 100 kilometers of Nakusp? Que enchiladas?

CULINARY EMERGENCY: It's painfully just dawned on me, other than 2 years overseas in US Army and summers working in Alaska way back in the Eighties, I've never been outside of 135 miles of the Mexican border and never 24 hours away from, and without, La Comida Mexicana! Is there decent Mexican Food eatery within 100 kilometers of Nakusp? Que enchiladas?
No habla Espanol!

Entretiendriez-vous un croissant ?

No habla Espanol!

Entretiendriez-vous un croissant ?
Hi, Mike: I do like croissants, my girlfriend Rena and I spent a week in Paris this May. But, nothing beats a Sonoran tamale!

Follow me Don. I know of a mexican resturant close by. :D

I just want to make certain that we all have this right so that we culturally insensitive Americans do not commit a faux pas while visiting.
At Fenway it's "A dog and a beer" but at Rogers Centre it's "A jelly and a beer"?
No......it's still a "dog and a beer". It's just a "$5 dog and a $9 beer" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We have Taco Bell............................ :bad: :bad: :puke: :puke:

We have Taco Bell............................ :bad: :bad: :puke: :puke:
and Taco Time..............also :bad:

Chowhound and other "foodie" sites recommend El Taco in Nelson but I have not tried it.....yet.

No......it's still a "dog and a beer". It's just a "$5 dog and a $9 beer" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Yabbut, I hear they will pay people off the street to go watch a game (during Hockey season). :blink:

But as I've heard claimed elsewhere, a jelly doughnut is the near perfect food. It just needs a beer to wash it down!

Follow me Don. I know of a mexican resturant close by. :D
https://www.elsolmexicanfood.com/html/history.html Thanks very much, FJRay; You are a good man and I owe you own!

Now I will share with you the best Mexican Food in Phoenix, within walking distance of mi casa en El Barrio del Chandler.

El Sol Bakery on Arizona Avenue in downtown Chandler es Supremo! vectervp1-Senor Arturo Montoya and I believe that El Sol has the finest menudo, served Sabado y Domingo, on this side of the Estados Unidos border. SkooterG-Greg Marbach is such un pinche puto Gringo, that he doesn't have the menudo, El Pendejo can only eat the posole. Skoot es un vato loco!

Yabbut, I hear they will pay people off the street to go watch a game (during Hockey season). :blink:
You must be thinkin' of Phoenix, AZ :rolleyes: Gary needs to let that team come back to Canada!!!!!! But I digress..... As bad as the leafs can be (well.......are), it is nearly impossible to get your hands on tickets to games (even nosebleeds)

You must be thinkin' of Phoenix, AZ :rolleyes: Gary needs to let that team come back to Canada!!!!!! But I digress..... As bad as the leafs can be (well.......are), it is nearly impossible to get your hands on tickets to games (even nosebleeds)
No, I'm talking about the Jays. There are always great seats to be had to see the Jays, and I remember times where they reported having $1 specials to get people into the place when the Leafs were still playing.

Yeah, I don't think you could ever get into Fenway for $1. Maybe back in the '20's?