One of My Son's Commutes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IRBR

Reaction score
My son posted this on TSBA this morning:

"Riding in Traffic you get to learn how to read traffic pretty darn well. Half the time I can tell what a car is going to do before the driver even starts to look around in their mirrors or use a signal. Not a day goes by where somebody doesn't try to move over on me and a quick twist of the throttle and I am clear and they are jerking their cage back to where it came from. But every once in a while you get something really stupid, really unexplained, something that could really get your butt killed.

This morning I am coming in to work and coming down a 6 lane road with a median in the middle I am the only vehicle in the road and in the middle lane, I am boogying on in in my normal fashion snapping through the gears when I start coming up on a car in the right lane going slowly, too slowly. This looks odd so I start to back off and I notice he puts on his brakes but there is a curb and no any place for him to pull into to the right. I am still coming up quick so I move to the left lane not sure what he is about to do and then it dawns on me, he may be about to make a U-turn! As soon as I down shift and lay on the brakes he makes the slow left turn right infront of my path. Do I have an exit in front, in back, maybe.... Hell no! The ******** finally see's me and slams on his brakes right in front of me instead of trying to gun it out of my path. I let off the brakes and shoot a line around the rear bumper and barely make it. As I look back I see him take off. Now I am angry and he is going to get a peice of my mind. Persuit takes all of 2 seconds and the guy ignores me when I pull up next to him. Then we pull up to a red light and I guess he didn't think I would drive my bike up next to his window in between cars. Then I start talking and he ignores me and it turns into a quick yell. He shoots me a dirty look and then gives me the finger after all, he is talking on his cell phone.

Now I am a reasonable person, but this man just **** near killed me, and now he is going to give me insulting gestures, Until that moment, I was a reasonable person. Now he can look forward to spending the rest of the day cleaning the glass out of his nice business suit and nice business car. I took my right Icon gloved hand and smash my fist through his driver side window. Then, I grabbed his cell phone and smashed it into a thousand pieces on the pavement. And I hope that was a business cell phone that he has to replace as well.

I've never attempted to crush one before, but they crumble like a snickers bar."

I think this the best cell phone story I've ever heard. :D

I certainly understand you son's anger and frustration with dimwit cage driver but I also question his judgement. Results of battles between cars and bikes are heavily one sided. Call me a wimp but I would have counted my blessings and got the hell away from Mr. Dickhead cell phone guy. Too many whack-jobs out there.

Reads like urban-legend email BS, but if it's true (doubt it) then he's a moron for multiple reasons.

If anyone punches through my window at a light they will soon find a hollow point between passing through their head.

Troll on though! LOL

Hmmmm..........I am calling bullshit on this fish story.

Do you know how difficult it is to break the glass in a modern car? With your fist?

Not freakingl likely.

As for the events, I must admit I enjoyed reading of an asshat cager getting his due, cause once when an asshat almost killed me I turned around and met him at the gas station he was pulling into and chewed his ass, but.............

If I was a guy with a badge, the cager being the asshat would not have stopped me from arresting your son, towing his bike, and getting much enjoyment while doing it. What a ridiculously irresponsible and hot-headed thing to do. May I recommend some anger management classes? What if said cager was carrying and shot and killed your son because "he was in fear of his life"?

A well placed lugey would have been much more appropriate. :D

I don't have that hard a time believing that the story is true but have to agree with everyone else on this one. If he did do as you said, he is probably lucky that he wasn't seriously hurt or even killed by Mr. Cellphone. There have only been a couple of times I've been pissed off enough to turn around and chase someone and then stopped after weighing the possible consequences. It was only after joining this forum that I realized how many folks actually DO pack weapons and are willing to use them. Can't see getting blown away for 5 seconds of satisfaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope... throwing my hankie and calling "bullshit on that play". Side glass doesn't break that easily.

Maybe the rest of the story is true... maybe not. :glare:

B)

One of my high school buddies was killed by a guy with a big knife in a road rage incident. 3 blocks from a good hospital. Drove himself there. He was an off duty cop and road rage killed him...what a waste. He was a great guy. It's still a shock to go on our HS reunion website and see the words deceased by his name.

I am as prone to road rage as the next guy...but I don't want to go out that way... :huh: