One piece riding suit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed them a couple weeks ago. Quick response.Seems like a good deal

I'll never understand why motorcycle inclement weather gear is so frequently blue, gray, or black.

In limited visibility conditions, it would seem like fluorescent yellow or something similar would be the industry standard.

Can't find anything about the suit except on ebay. Not sure that's a useful piece of information, but I'd expect to see a website or Facebook page for the manufacturer.

Cordura, while not waterproof, is pretty water resistant on it's own. The beauty of a well-built riding suit is how well cold and wet are kept out by closures at the neck, crotch, wrist, and ankles. (Rain will puddle on the seat right at the zipper. Cold rain leaking into a suit at that location can make a rider miserable. Trust me on that.)

And I didn't see a price for the suit itself, only for alterations. How did I miss that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Put up an equipment review if you buy one. $200 US -- or $7,500CAN or whatever -- is a fabulous price.

Aerostitch is the best of the best.

BUT I'm more of a 2-piece guy - more versatile. Get some riding overpants with a winter liner - wear all year round and a nice 4-seasons hi-viz yellow textile jacket with vent zips and you are good to go. Now in the summer, it's a mesh jacket.

Can get similar weather protection, ease of getting in and out with full length zippers, for hundreds less than the Aerostitch and not look like the Michelin Man when riding. Sorry guys.

"If you are taller than 6'0 (1.83M), please contact us before buying."

I'm out. I had a 'Stich that was too short in the body and it was awful - endless wedgy.

Is Pakistan-made clothing different in any significant way from apparel (or bike parts/electronics) from China, India, Malaysia, Vietnam, Mexico, Bangladesh...etc.?
Yes! It is Pakistanian. Those others are Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, Vietnamese, Mexican, and Bangladeshian. You gotta stay on top of this stuff dood!!

That's funny ... You do look like the Michelin man , But I did about a 1/2 a tank full,the other day ,about 40 degrees here ,Once you settle in, it felt like I was in a big sleeping bag .Warm and Comfy ,,But I do like the look of the two piece gear , much more athletic ....

Yeah, when you are built like the little teapot, (short & stout), one piece suits don't look so good on you. (Not that anything else does either.)
rolleyes.gif

I think the sizing is what would kill this for me. I was just down in Gresham Or for an Aerostitch pop-up event, I was after trying on the two piece Roadcrafter suit.

A year or so ago I had sent them my measurements and they replied 48 long. So down at the event I went and tried on a 48L and the pants fit but the coat was way small. So I then started working my way up the rack trying the 50L the the 52L and liked how the 52L coat fit but the pants were way big.

So I then started the process of unzipping the 52L and zipping in the 50L still to big and then zipping in the 48L pants, and then liked how everything felt. I went and sat on a 70's BMW yep everything still felt OK. When I arrived there I had signed up to be fitted by a Stitch rep and about the time I was done she came over and basically told me I had done a good job of sizing myself. I didn't pull the trigger as $1,400 for gear I think I might not wear enough because I don't like being to warm. I also have fairly new winter gear.

The Stitch rep also told me I most likely wouldn't like a one piece as they don't fit the big tall folks well.

Now the dilemma is I should be replacing my summer gear as it is 11 years old and has been washed at least once a year. I'm not sure how well it will hold up in case of an unexpected get off.

It's all about sizing!

Panman posted: <snip, snip> I didn't pull the trigger as $1,400 for gear I think I might not wear enough because I don't like being to warm. I also have fairly new winter gear.
(Full disclosure: I have no financial connections with Aerostich.)

I wear my one-piece R-3 in Atlanta year-round. Yes, it is warm in the summer, but it it ventilates well and has got to protect my skin better than mesh gear. (Doesn't it?) The 'Stich is worn daily on my commutes into the City, and has held up fabulously over the past 3 years.

That said, I have and wear mesh gear on summertime joyrides; "joyride" meaning I'm out for fun, rather than commuting or going long. On a joyride, I'll drive a lot less aggressively -- until I get to the twisty parts.

And mine came from their website's sale page, after checking constantly for about 4 months. Got it for about 30% off, less than $900, and it was the size and colors I wanted. IMHO, given its heavy use, it was a good purchase decision. My opinion's been reinforced after each ride through a rainstorm or a freezing cold morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts