One year already!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxhuntr

Reaction score
I picked up my '07A a year ago. Today I have 19200 miles on it. The relationship started out a little rocky. The throttle was so stiff and the lag on roll-on so bad when I first got it that it scared me. I took it to the dealer and they did a TBS and it helped a lot. A TSR fixed the stiffness. The surging and vibes drove me crazy until I added bar end weights and a PCIII and (finally) got the new ECU from Yamaha. I seriously thought I'd made a mistake the first few months after my trouble-free ST1100.

I stuck with it though and today we're doing great together. I still hate the seat, but there is a Bill M. saddle in my near future. I might decide on a Cee Bailey before my next big X country ride. I just bought the YES, so I'm good for the next four years. That should put me right around 75-80K miles and I'll probably be ready for my next one. Love the handling and power and the ergos.

Cruzin in Paso!!

You are well on your way to ridin' the wheels off the feejer. I agree that the throttle modulation for small inputs (off idle) takes some getting use to, but from what I have read a G2 will cure those ills. I have not added the G2 yet, but soon will.

I can't wait to take my new 07 FJR up Hiway 1 from Cambria to Monterey - now that's a great road!

You had troubles getting the new ECU?

Good job on putting the feejer through it's paces.

Rubber down always.

Mid July I am coming up on my 6th anniversary. I thought I would trade up on the blue then the cherry and now the black. But with all the extras mine is still good to go. Every spring when I start hitting the road on longer trips i think I got a new bike over the winter. This thing still rocks.

Congrats on the anniversary. Mine's comin' up next month, but not nearly the mileage you got. :angry: Are those commuting or fun miles?

Man, awesome to see 19k in a year. I hit 1 year with my FJR next month, but I will only have about 9k. Than again, I was without the bike from Mid August to the beginning of November.

Good to see that you are enjoying the bike.

Congrats on the anniversary. Mine's comin' up next month, but not nearly the mileage you got. :angry: Are those commuting or fun miles?
I guess about 12000 fun commuting miles and 7000 fun fun miles! By the way, I used 3 sets of various tires and averaged around 41 mpg. Nothing broke, brakes are still good to go.

By the way, I used 3 sets of various tires

If I may ask, what kind of tires and which ones did you like the best since you commute so much?

Congrats Foxhuntr - 1 year and 19,200 miles is something to celebrate! I've had my '07 for 11 months but only have 9k on the odometer. Still, I know exactly how you feel about your bike because I feel the same about mine - it puts a smile on my face every time I ride. Well, OK, except for this past weekend when I missed the apex on a mountain road in Arkansas and ended up with the tires on the center line and the bag hanging over into the oncoming lane. Lucky for me there was no traffic and I can't really blame the bike for that.

Congrats!

Today marks my one year. I posted up the the day following my purchase last year.

Wow! My bike sure doesn't look like that anymore... :D

oneyearlater.jpg

By the way, I used 3 sets of various tires

If I may ask, what kind of tires and which ones did you like the best since you commute so much?
Hey Rainbow,

The originals were BT020's - they lasted 5700. Second set was BT021's, rear tire lasted 8K, but front less than 5. Third set was pilot roads, they are at 5500 and may go another 500 or so. I think I like the Roads the best so far, but I was thinking of trying the Dunlop RoadSmarts just for fun.