Ooohhhh Honey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluestreek

Bluestreek
Reaction score
Look what followed me home today

Can we keep it can we can we.

KLR.jpg

It smashed its first bug yesterday on the way home from the dealer

Wow, thats a nice looking bike there Streak! Any chance you would swap it for a red '05? Make sure you stay in front of those pesky FODS guys, you wouldn't want to get any dust on that sucker :lol:

Good luck with it.

P.S.- DUAL STAR as of today isn't expecting their next production of center stands for 2 months.....Just lean it against a tree like some of our drunken friends do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty it is !!!

I think they've grown up a bit !!

Here's what I had in high school. Did a lot of crashing and burning on this one.

(not my actual bike - but exactly like it)

184359726-L.jpg

Pretty it is !!!

Here's what I had in high school. Did a lot of crashing and burning on this one.

--Hijack--

Damn Hal thanks for the memories, that was my first bike except mine was blue and white. I beat the dickens out of it and it just kept running and running, and ...I did blow second gear out of it once, but that didn't slow it down much. Topped out a touch over 70 on a fresh plug. IIRC the footpegs were a little weak though, used to break them off regularly landing jumps.

--G

"Aw, ain't that cute, honey? But look what followed me home! By the way, MasterCard called and they would like to have a word with you..."

comp11.jpg

Nice thumper! :good:

"Aw, ain't that cute, honey? But look what followed me home! By the way, MasterCard called and they would like to have a word with you..."
comp11.jpg

Is that a TWN negotiation tactic? :eek: .....both scary & costly :blink: .....no wonder he's still working his ass off.....(poor bastard) :wacko: .....

Is that a TWN negotiation tactic? :eek: .....both scary & costly :blink: .....no wonder he's still working his ass off.....(poor bastard) :wacko: .....
Fuck, no! I figger a pair of Ferragamos is worth at least a pedal rotor or three! It's called, 'revenge shopping'. :p

:lol:

Nice, Steve!!! Mine looked exactly like that a few weeks ago. We can tell them apart by the scratches. You'll find that it isn't great in gravel at a standstill when you're our height.

Too bad you couldn't just get Cindy to order the service manual from Kawasaki instead of all that bling TWN posted. But they just don't think like that. :unsure: <_<

comp11.jpg

i thought that was mrs twn's revenge shopping list....

:rofl:

Pretty it is !!!

--Hijack--

Damn Hal thanks for the memories, that was my first bike except mine was blue and white. I beat the dickens out of it and it just kept running and running, and ...I did blow second gear out of it once, but that didn't slow it down much. Topped out a touch over 70 on a fresh plug. IIRC the footpegs were a little weak though, used to break them off regularly landing jumps.

--G
And the Hijack continues -

I did the same exact thing !! Jumped with it, and the cheesy little 5mm screws holding on the footpeg bracket stripped right out. Almost became a gender changed biker that afternoon..... :blink:

Never lost any gears - but I got real good at new pistons - top speed right around 70, downhill with a tailwind. Fun stuff.

Very schweet Steve - y'all a lucky man! DS is in my future too, but not this year.

I'm dickering on a used FJR for my son in Illinois - dad of the year?

Congrats Steve, A similar thing happened to me recently also, I found this one in Grass Valley, fully Farkeled. I didn't have time to ask Terrie for permission, so I had to beg for forgiveness when I got home. the only problem is that now she wants a Motorhome!
P1010038.jpg

I hear it easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. But I don't have that problem. The only problem I have is monetary.