Opinions Wanted on Retiring to Puget Sound

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I stated some doom and gloom over the way the State is ran and the stuff that is going on on the West side especially Seattle where I was raised. But the growth here is crazy, Amazon is building a building to house a 1,000 jobs in Arlington with talk of lengthening the Arlington Airport to support their 737 freighters. They are talking the same up at the Skagit Airport right off off Hwy 20 on the way to Anacortes.

We are blessed with lots of great side roads to skirt the traffic, I live on four and a half acres by Lake Goodwin and have lots of great riding that I can do with out even hitting a traffic light. There is opportunity for lots of out door activity's that are available that aren't crowded long as you do them mid week.

Good luck, if you come this way give me a shout and we can do a little exploring.

I’ll mention that Port Ludlow and Port Townsend are also quite nice and in a bit of a rain umbrella. I love Anacortes area too but prices are kinda silly. Camino Island is another option.

a you will get more rain than you think unless you move out past Snoqualmie Pass. Other fun places are Chelan, Ellensburg, and near Wenatchee or Cashmere. Great weather, riding, and close to lakes and rivers.

Part of the state is wet, part dry. I liked both! It’s a wonderful area, in general, but traffic is real, taxes are creeping up, property and home prices are normalizing against what we have here in SoCal (I’m in Camarillo) and they have no In-And-Out locations. Sigh. Nuff said. 😉

Part of the state is wet, part dry. I liked both! It’s a wonderful area, in general, but traffic is real, taxes are creeping up, property and home prices are normalizing against what we have here in SoCal (I’m in Camarillo) and they have no In-And-Out locations. Sigh. Nuff said. 😉
No In-n-Out? Sheesh... A+W?