Other Smokers.....cigars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what my mother smoked ....like two packs a day....Chesterfield unfiltered. She did have emphysema and died due to it. Likely helped me finally quit cigarettes....about 11 years ago.
Mom and her unfiltered Pall Mall (and her stage 4 COPD).

While risks are increased with smoking ANYTHING they aren't as high as for cigarettes when smoking naturally-aged cigars and not inhaling.

https://web.archive.org/web/19980110191310/https://www.cigargroup.com/faq/health/

I've been buying these by the box....on my third box this year:

IMG_1815.jpg

Previously I favored Dominican cigars, but now pretty much hooked on cigars that are 100% Nicaraguan. These are only $49.00 for a box of 20. He also makes a Maduro which are nice too for the same price.

IMG_1967.jpg

As for whiskey, my scotch tastes have exceeded my wallet, so drinking a lot of Irish whiskey.

Did get a bottle of this for Christmas:

IMG_2183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to keep 600+ sticks in humidors. Aging is a factor in flavor and smoothness. I've got some really neat pre-Chinese humidors here, including some very nice high end hand crafted stuff.

I also used to keep an extensive collection of matching XO cognacs, warming snifters, etc.

I think at the peak, I was probably blowing about $800/month .... literally.

Cheap compared to some vices I suppose.

I think it was other hobbies (motorcycles, guitars, hunting) that pushed that stuff off the table. That, and my sense that I was stinking up myself, my clothes, my house, my cars and trucks, etc.

We were talking about this the other day here at home. When you have nothing to do, sitting and smoking and sipping makes you feel less idle. Sometimes I miss this activity, but not often.

I've tried to make "doing nothing" an art form... ;)

I don't smoke in the house...my own rule. So when it's 20 degrees out I'm not going out for a cigar, thus I smoke more during the summer. Was 70 degrees here yesterday, sat on the deck fired one up and life was good...

I know most folks don't pair a beer with a cigar, but a nice malty porter does kinda work....especially if you can find one of these....

IMG_2262.jpg

I've tried to make "doing nothing" an art form...
wink.png

I know most folks don't pair a beer with a cigar, but a nice malty porter does kinda work.
There's an idea. I have a home made porter on tap right now and today promises to be light jacket weather and sunny. Hmmm...

For Cigar, my favorits are Flor de Selva from honduras, and whith it, an HIGHLAND PARK or a dalwinie. But I realy prefer it with a cognac! It may be chauvinist, but having grown in the cognac region, it remains my favorite digestive ... strongly this summer I redemenage in Bordeaux (May) ... I will be new to 120 km of cognac!
The only bourbon that I have is 4 roses ... not very good ... but in France we have a hard time finding good ones.

I've been buying these by the box....on my third box this year:
IMG_1815.jpg

Previously I favored Dominican cigars, but now pretty much hooked on cigars that are 100% Nicaraguan. These are only $49.00 for a box of 20. He also makes a Maduro which are nice too for the same price.

IMG_1967.jpg

As for whiskey, my scotch tastes have exceeded my wallet, so drinking a lot of Irish whiskey.

Did get a bottle of this for Christmas:

IMG_2183.jpg
They look like a rp edge nock off. Thats a great price for a box though.

im smoking a Jamie Garcia reservoa especial now and must say its a good smoke.

I need to snap some pics of my winador with cedar shelves. I keep around 50-80 sticks on hand at different ages. Some a few years old.

Nice. Rocky patel edge tonight...
Rocky Patel 1990 Vintage has been my go to for a number of years.

https://www.rockypatel.com/cigar/1990-vintage/

It's my Sunday afternoon tradition.

Walk with the dog, nice cigar; like hitting the reset button.

A heads up, if you sign up w JR Plus, they have a special on right now for free shipping, every order, any size, for a year.

It used to be fun to go to Las Vegas and watch the Cuban expatriates make them by hand. I always bought a box, even though I knew the cigars were too young to smoke. And they also tended to be a bit harsh even after aging.

That was a long time ago. A good cigar and a snifter of warmed cognac is a great way to do nothing. I'm afraid if I take it up again, I'll get carried away .... again.

Thats like the cigar factory in new orleans. You can watch them roll the cigars while you shop. Its a cool experience.