Over the Passes to Bridgeport - Sept 12/13

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I know it seems early to plan a trip so far in advance (although with this crowd, I'm late!
wink.png
) but it appears the Virginia Creek Settlement is in high demand these days and booking quickly. I have worked with the owners, Jimmy and Brynn, and secured the entire facility for September 12, 2015.

If you want to join us for this year's adventure, please call the Settlement and tell them you are booking with Dangerous Curves. Their number is 760.932.7780. If you try to book online, it will show that there is nothing available because it's all under DC's name!

Don't delay and make your reservation ASAP!
smile.png

Routes, etc. to follow as we get closer.
cool.png

UPDATE 09/12/15

Pricing for Saturday night dinner:

Steak Dinner $32
Chicken Dinner $25
Veggie Dinner $20

Vegetarian dinner tbd depending on how many folks choose that. Price includes tax/gratuity. BYOB. Please Paypal your $$ to [email protected]. Thanks!

UPDATE 09/04/15

SATURDAY MEET SPOT

Starbucks

101 E. Vineyard Avenue

Livermore, CA 94550

SATURDAY ROUTE

https://tinyurl.com/qg9pvgm

Meet 7:00am

KSU 8:00am

Gas in Jamestown

LUNCH

$10/person (Please bring CASH)

Approximate time - Noon

BBQ @ Gold Country Adventure Cycles

578 W. Stockton St

Sonora, CA 95370

SUNDAY ROUTE

https://tinyurl.com/qd79keo

Breakfast 7:00am

KSU 8:30am

LUNCH

Lake Alpine Resort

4000 Highway 4

Bear Valley, CA 95223

Last edited by a moderator:
I could run away for a few weeks and go home after RR4

hmmm......

I just spoke with the Settlement yesterday and there are only four tent cabins left so if you're considering going, best get that reservation! You have to call them to book (don't try to book online because it will show everything is taken). :)

Pricing for Saturday night dinner:

Steak Dinner $32
Chicken Dinner $25
Veggie Dinner $20

Vegetarian dinner tbd depending on how many folks choose that. Price includes tax/gratuity. BYOB. Please Paypal your $$ to [email protected]. Thanks!

Tyler, I'm thinking I would like to join you on this trip. Coming from Yuba City, I would need to join you some place in route. Any thoughts on the route yet? Also, I see you have this on Meetup, would you suggest joining your Meetup Group?

Tyler, I'm thinking I would like to join you on this trip. Coming from Yuba City, I would need to join you some place in route. Any thoughts on the route yet? Also, I see you have this on Meetup, would you suggest joining your Meetup Group?
John, that would be awesome! We'll be either going over 4/89 or 108 and returning via whatever one we don't do going over! ;) You could always meet us around Stockton if you'd like to join the group. Yes, if you don't mind, join the Meetup group so you can get updates, etc. easily. Are you planning on staying overnight? Not sure if there's much left but I believe there may be some tent cabin space available. B)

UPDATE 09/04/15

SATURDAY MEET SPOT

Starbucks

101 E. Vineyard Avenue

Livermore, CA 94550

SATURDAY ROUTE

https://tinyurl.com/qg9pvgm

Meet 7:00am

KSU 8:00am

Gas in Jamestown

LUNCH

$10/person (Please bring CASH)

BBQ @ Gold Country Adventure Cycles

578 W. Stockton St

Sonora, CA 95370

SUNDAY ROUTE

https://tinyurl.com/qd79keo

Breakfast 7:00am

KSU 8:30am

LUNCH

Lake Alpine Resort

4000 Highway 4

Bear Valley, CA 95223

Tyler, I'm thinking Modesto is a good place to meet up, or if I miss you, at the lunch spot.

Gregory, how and when are you planning to travel, I'm wondering if you want to meet up some place?

John

Hello all,

New to the forum, exploring what's up and came upon this thread. Lot of hubba hubba, cause you all seem to know each other, but can I get more detail about this ride/event? Sounds like a lot of fun!

Jay

Gregory, thanks for the route. I'm going to try and hook up with Tyler and the group in Modesto or at the lunch spot. I'll see you there.

John

Jay, you are correct, a lot of the members of this forum know each other. It's a good group. The Over the Passes ride is actually another group's ride (Dangerous Curves from Meetup), but one of the members of the other group also participates in this group and invited us along. The biggest issue for you, is timing. All the rooms are booked at the place we are staying and several miles in each direction.

Jay, you are correct, a lot of the members of this forum know each other. It's a good group. The Over the Passes ride is actually another group's ride (Dangerous Curves from Meetup), but one of the members of the other group also participates in this group and invited us along. The biggest issue for you, is timing. All the rooms are booked at the place we are staying and several miles in each direction.
Hi Jay - welcome to the forum! John is correct in that everything at the moment is booked. You can find this ride on Meetup and Facebook - if you are on either site, try posting a msg to see if anyone has space in their cabin. You can also try to call and see if there are any cancellations (Virginia Creek Settlement is where we're staying and Willow Springs Motel is right across the road) as that does happen frequently or see if there's somewhere you can camp nearby if that's your thing.

I've updated the first post with all the information throughout the thread so you can find it easily. If you do find a place to stay and want to join us for dinner, I'd need to know that asap. B)

Tyler - what time are you all planning on meeting/leaving the Starbucks on Saturday morning? I live about 5 miles from there so I'd love to see you all - unfortunately can't take the whole weekend off but can get away for an hour or two.....