Pandora

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torch

Reaction score
bike_collection.JPG

2003, serial #9, well north of 300,000kms to date. Mostly stock: Rifle windscreen with tuning block, heated grips and vest outlets, GPS mount, Vista-cruise throttle lock, Givi trunk, Joos' crash bobbins, HMark's rear shock shim, Galfer SS brake & clutch lines and Beowolf rad guard. Working on the 15th set of tires, 3rd seatcover, third ignition switch, second set of brake rotors, second waterpump seal, second radiator, second starter motor, second exhaust system (including O2 sensor), second set of injectors, second sidestand switch and second left handlebar switch assembly. The centre stand broke and was welded/reinforced. Rear wheel rim replaced (managed to wheelie the front over the animal, but the rear hit full on at 120kph and dented the rim). Test bed for the Barbarian Jumper mod, Unauthorized TB synch, valve shim tutorial, etc.

Other than that, I just ride the hell out of it.

Hi Torch.
My '03 (took delivery of serial #30 -twice a ticker- on July 19th, 2002) died under a Chevy Blazer coming off a bridge in Port Royal, PA in 2007. My '08 is still going strong after 100K km. I've been retired now for 12 years (moved from GTA to London area) and annual bike mileage varies from season to season. I'm assuming you're no longer commuting down to TO. That was one hell of a commute.
Here's a couple blasts from the past.
hoons13_std.jpg

hoons10_std.jpg

Philip aka graytaz

Last edited:
Phil! Good to hear from you, sorry to hear about the Blazer incident, but it sounds like you are getting good use out of her replacement.

I'm of an age were I'm one more stupid memo away from retirement and my hair colour no longer quite suits my nickname, but I still love the job itself (despite Covid), the guys (and now gals) I work with and am heading out the door in about 5 more minutes.

I look at retirement this way: Twice a week, I head down to the club in the city. While there, I enjoy two or three great meals. They provide me with a million dollar red sports car and wave all traffic laws when I take it out for a spin (in fact, they now provide me with a chauffeur). When I get where I am going, I'll walk into some stranger's house, smash the doors and windows, bash holes in the walls and ceilings, spray water around the living room. And when I come out, they THANK me for it!

Why would I want to retire? :ROFLMAO:

That big silver one is really neat looking. Is the "body" to make it more aerodynamic?

Why would I want to retire? :ROFLMAO:
I certainly can't argue with that although I can't quite see that big red truck as a sports car. My brother drives one now and again as a volunteer.

My most recent riding highlight didn't involve my FJR. I did two weeks riding in the Austrian, Bavarian, Italian and Swiss Alps.

I certainly can't argue with that although I can't quite see that big red truck as a sports car. My brother drives one now and again as a volunteer.

Is the FJR a touring bike or a sport bike? It's all in the way you ride it. Similar principle. ;-)