Part number for LHS saddlebag lid?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilMills

Reaction score
I recently (last week) bought an '06 AE that's got some damage to the left-hand saddlebag lid. I've looked around a couple of different Yamaha parts listings and couldn't find a part number for just a lid (ideally factory painted).

I find this odd since they've got the bottom (bike-side) split out as its own P/N (5JW-W9341-0L-00 and -0R-00) so those are obviously meant to be ordered...

Does Yamaha not sell the lids as a stand-alone part or am I just not looking hard enough?

'06? Ya gotta buy the whole bag. Unless, of course, you don't mind Galaxy Blue, or the two silvers. The bags are the same between Gen I and II. Just the paint colors vary.

Sorry.

How damaged is the lid? You do know that, you can pop the rivets off & have it repainted, right? Forum member Garauld is touted as doing a bang up job at an extremely reasonable price.

If ya' gotta have a new bag, there is a guy in the "classifieds" section selling a set of almost new '04 bags from his wrecked bike. (he claims to not have ever used them). '04 bags are the same color as '06's AE bags. He's asking a high dollar for them... but maybe you could talk him down a scoach.

Personally, if the actual box isn't broken or the cover not scored almost all the way through w/ roadrash, I'd contact Garauld about fixing it up.

Good luck, Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, interestingly enough, Yamaha doesn't show a seperate part number for just the lid for the 2006 on their website.

However, they DO show a part # for just the lid for the 2004 saddlebags which happen to be the same color (and same bag): 5JW-W9340-0L-36

Checking at my new low-price vendor: ZanottiMotor.com, they show a price for the left saddlebag lid of $321.49, so Ron Ayers beat them this time. (Though interestingly, Zanotti was cheaper for the whole bag)

bramfrank - What part # are you using. Ron Ayres shows a price of $395.64 for the part # I used.

Aha, I just noticed that the posted part number was for the back shell . . . . my bad. So I guess that it is close to $400.

Pick up a bag on Ebay.