• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts needed to get my bike rideable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Reaction score
I know that it is unlikely that anybody has these parts for sale as they are commonly broken it you hit something but I thought I would post my list before I head to the dealer....

2005 FJR

1) Metal bracket that the gauges and windshield linkage mounts to (Yes the expensive one)

2) Metal bracket that attaches to the windshield motor

3) Left side metal windshield linkage

4) Left and right forks (I need the complete set)

5) Headlight assembly

6) Left side upper faring

7) Front fender

8) Upper cowl

9) Left side mirror

10) Left side upper inner dash panel

11) Windshield

If my parts descriptions are unclear I can dig up some part numbers or photos.

I believe I have one that was fabricated by a friend at a machine shop. That part is not available without ordering a whole new windshield motor... $$$$$$$$$

PM me for more info.

The front subframe is not cheap either, and it is very unlikely you will find one of those, as the mounts to the mirror always seem to break.

I don't see much on ebay right now, but keep an eye out, many of those parts will turn up, with minimal damage from a tipover or something like that.

Also, you can remove the whole front end, and the FJR will still be rideable... I didn't say legal, but rideable. I couldn't go without riding when my FJR was down, so I rode it without fairings and a front end for a while.

Kinda fun actually to go back to a naked bike, totally took care of the heat issues! Good luck!

I believe I have one that was fabricated by a friend at a machine shop. That part is not available without ordering a whole new windshield motor... $$$$$$$$$

PM me for more info.

The front subframe is not cheap either, and it is very unlikely you will find one of those, as the mounts to the mirror always seem to break.

I don't see much on ebay right now, but keep an eye out, many of those parts will turn up, with minimal damage from a tipover or something like that.

Also, you can remove the whole front end, and the FJR will still be rideable... I didn't say legal, but rideable. I couldn't go without riding when my FJR was down, so I rode it without fairings and a front end for a while.

Kinda fun actually to go back to a naked bike, totally took care of the heat issues! Good luck!

I can't even stand to look at it let alone ride it while it is all damaged. Makes me so mad at myself for damaging my bike like that.