• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Passenger back rest for Gen 1 wanted

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am hoping that someone wants to part with their Gen 1 back rest. Am I correct in assuming that only the PCA back rest was available for the Gen 1 FJR1300? If other brands are available, I am interested. Whatcha got?

Thanks in advance.

CharlestonRider

I can't list them, but there are multiple brands of backrests. For one Garauld--on the forum--makes a very sturdy and useful rack that replaces the useless little plastic handle thingy on the ass end of your bike, and it has an available--and removable--back rest. A quick Google turns up Sampson, Pirate's Lair, and others. You can also use one of the top cases, OEM, Givi, and others, that serve as a backrest for your passenger. Some have a padded backrest attached, or that can be added, but those cut on the passenger's room to sit back unless both rider and passenger are pretty little folks. Most riding jackets have padding built in back there.

These things turn up used here or on Craigslist from time to time.