Passing of Ron Melton

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm another that thoroughly enjoyed Ron's report on the Alaska ride, just a couple of weeks ago, and now this terrible news - too close to home.

My condolences and prayers as well to Ron's family.

Charlie, I've never met Ron, but I have certainly enjoyed his input on the forum.

I want to express my condolences to you and your family in this time of sorrow.

Funny how you get to like a guy just from his writings. Larry Grodsky was "Rider"magazine's safety columinist for years and I read him for years and learned a lot---including to like Grodsky a lot.Fine fellow. He was recently killed in Texas.Hit a deer. Felt like I lost a brother. Same with Ron Melton. I enjoyed his input on more than one forum. Seemed like a really fine feller,the kind who should grace this earth for a l-o-n-g time.Very sad. R.I.P. Ron.

Just thought I'd let you all know that Ron Melton, a member of this board, died yesterday (11 July) after being struck by a car. Ron was a great guy, and recently posted his pics and story regarding his trip to Alaska last month. Ron was active here and on the GL1800 board where I learned of his death. A true Southern gentleman, Ron will be missed.
That is sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with Ron Melton's family and friends.

Jill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts