Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to assume no one else has been crazy enough to attempt this, correct? If so this record will be yours for quite some time if not forever.

Congradulations, Now slow down and enjoy the ride,

Dave

December Numbers:
1 BBG. 1538 Miles

Year To Date;
67 BBGs 112,127 Miles

112,127 Certificate Miles for 2019
124,770 Over all Miles for 2019

I just checked the conversion to kilometers and your 124,770 miles equates to something comfortably in excess of 200,000 kilometers (200,798 km) so you have another interesting statistic for the year.  (But "only" 180,451 km as certified rides)

If you check the IBA big list of ride finishers it's kind of surprising to see that 17 names are already listed. Tony might be the first though with 100k in cert mileage I don't know if they break it down that far.

If you check the IBA big list of ride finishers it's kind of surprising to see that 17 names are already listed. Tony might be the first though with 100k in cert mileage I don't know if they break it down that far.
Mike Kneebone was the pioneer of this ride. He told me that he had a route that he would ride every day, then on weekends he would ride greater distances. He also had a job while doing the ride.

One rider accomplished it in like 6 months. His job was to Porter bikes, so he would also hold the record for number of bikes used to accomplish the ride.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the average annual mileage for truckers, and it's "only" 45,000 miles in a year. Long-distance trucks will break 100K in a year, though. Still, that's not like doing it in addition to your job, though, since it is their job.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the average annual mileage for truckers, and it's "only" 45,000 miles in a year. Long-distance trucks will break 100K in a year, though. Still, that's not like doing it in addition to your job, though, since it is their job.
Interesting !  I also did not have to take the mandatory breaks that they must take by law.

Looking back now:

I am glad that I did this ride.

i learned some new things about riding (Especially in cold weather)

I broke my own rules on riding though, as I did rides “Just to accomplish miles” and rode a designed route like 50 times for efficiency.

would not recommend doing this to anyone working full time.

Think this would be much more enjoyable riding retired.

I actually find myself bored on weekends now.

I still am wanting to keep my 10/10ths streak going. (I have done at least 1 a year for the last 10 years)

So, Tony, when are you retiring?  Once you do, I imagine you'll able to ride more than 67 days in a year..... 😋

So, Tony, when are you retiring?  Once you do, I imagine you'll able to ride more than 67 days in a year..... 😋
  I was planning on it next year. Last week I found out my health insurance increased $400 a month. Now I will be working possibly 4 more years.

When I retire... I will cycle until I can’t. So many places to see...

Wow. Just .... Wow.

I feel bad that I don't often check the forum and missed keeping track of your trek through the midwest.  I'm not sure I could have been of much use while you were vacationing in Nebrasuck, but I would have tried.  I thought I was on the "help" list.

It's an incredible journey you took on 3 bikes and the perseverance is truly amazing!

124K in one year is just crazy!!!!

For me to put that in perspective I started riding back 2009. I ride 3-4 multi-day rides a year. I ride almost every weekend. Sometimes both Saturday and Sunday. So I probably ride more than the average guy with a motorcycle. However, when I add up all my miles for the 10 years of riding it's only about 146K. 

My respect to you LD riders. I just don't know how you do it. I think I have rode over 700 miles in a day three times. I was ready to get off the bike. I can't imagine 1000. 

Latest posts