Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to me you encountered some wheel bearing problems and a subframe issue? IIRC  Any other mechanical problems?   What maintenance was carried out?   I figure this was the equivalent of half the life of a bike in just one year.

Valve check(s)?

Brake pads?

HEADLIGHTS?

Fork seals?

# of oil changes?

# of front and rear tires? 

Roughly 2500 gallons of gasoline? 

Curious about some of the statistics but the mechanical performance seems to be pretty impressive.  

Great job!

Seems to me you encountered some wheel bearing problems and a subframe issue? IIRC  Any other mechanical problems?   What maintenance was carried out?   I figure this was the equivalent of half the life of a bike in just one year.

Valve check(s)?

Brake pads?

HEADLIGHTS?

Fork seals?

# of oil changes?

# of front and rear tires? 

Roughly 2500 gallons of gasoline? 

Curious about some of the statistics but the mechanical performance seems to be pretty impressive.  

Great job!
This ride started with my ‘08 @125k

no valve checks (The ‘08 has had 1 check in 217k)

i had new brake pads to begin, but had to replace both front and rear one time each

Burned out both headlights

Oil changes: lost count... probably 12

Tires: I had 6 rears/ 4 fronts plus tires on the bike and purchased 1 f&r during Longest Month. I can only guess... 7 rear and 5 fronts (?)

all maintenance was done by me with the exception of to on the road tire changes and complete front wheel rebuild done in Nebraska. 

I never had time to figure out the overheating issue with the ‘08, so I purchased a used 121k ‘09 FJR in September.

Came with good tires. Replaced tail light, I broke the rear subframe.

3 oil changes. F & R tires

I finished out the ride from September to current on that bike. (147k now)

Also rode 6k on the new ‘18 with only services by a dealership.

I am going to go over mileage as certs come in, and give an OD mileage number for the year too.

Congrats on finishing what you set out to do.  Now, go relax somewhere warm and dry.  Or do a brutal 35 mile day on a scooter somewhere like Hawaii where it's sunny and warm, followed by beverages.  😎

Congratulations Tony on achieving such a lofty goal!  Its exhausting just trying to wrap my head around all that riding you did and some of the hurdles you had to clear. 

As for this flower sniffing you talk about, you really think that's in your DNA?  lol

Again, am really happy for you on what you accomplished. 

Latest posts