Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you are home, Tony. Greg pointed out that your SPOT stopped around 11am just W of JAX.
i had programed the times for a earlier Start/Finish.

I corrected it once I got home. 21 hours 7 minutes.

Every time I gave it throttle, the weight would shift to the rear and the tire would rub on the frame.

Boring ride until I passed a HD rider at O dark early. He was wearing a aerostich, and jumped in behind me

for 100 miles or so. Stopped at the Oasis and talked. He was riding a SS1k from Key West and had finished up

the event with Gabe Carrera (The attorney That Rides)

He said he was feeling tired and thanked me for the spirited ride. (I picked up the pace a bit) He was going to finish

up in Baton Rouge, LA.

Well, first (9th) BBG is complete. Super rough ride.I quick look at the bike once home- no rear suspension at all. The shock is completely compressed with no rebound what-so-ever.

I think I will call it a year as far as the 100k ride, and most other rides too.
Tony, Any chance this is related to seized up bearings in the rear suspension (swing arm/shock pivot)? Thought I read about someone having similar issues.

Oh man, 75 degrees right now in Tallahassee, perfect! Git er done Tony!

Last edited by a moderator:
20 hours 18 minutes

The last 70 miles lasted f o r e v e r !
uhoh.gif

Finished at location 129 on 2/24 at 2:24. Nice scheduling!

Rain was the feature of yesterdays ride. I saw over 30 vehicles in the ditch (?) most likely caused by rain and wind (And panic)

In Jacksonville there was a north bound string of accidents that involve at least 15 vehicles. I first I thought it was some type of

DWI checkpoint, then I noticed most of the vehicles had damage and were facing "Odd" directions.

Number 12 is in the books though, 6 more this monthstill not sure if I want to pursue this 100k ride. I need only 3 more for Titanium.

Maybe get the three and Titanium, then you can decide on the others ... ?
That's my thinking too… As soon as it warms up in other areas, it would open up the ride possibility choices also.

I initially planned 5 BBGs in April, May and June each. This would put me at 50k after 6 months. At the close of

every BBG comes the thoughts: Why am I doing this? Do I really want to do this for the rest of the year?

My situation makes the rides kind of like therapy sessions and keeps the thought process going.

Maybe get the three and Titanium, then you can decide on the others ... ?
That's my thinking too… As soon as it warms up in other areas, it would open up the ride possibility choices also.

I initially planned 5 BBGs in April, May and June each. This would put me at 50k after 6 months. At the close of

every BBG comes the thoughts: Why am I doing this? Do I really want to do this for the rest of the year?

My situation makes the rides kind of like therapy sessions and keeps the thought process going.
I'm hoping that once the weather warms up Tony and allows you to venture off the now truly beaten path, the warm an fuzzy feelings about hitting 100K this year will return.

I'm anxious to see all the imaginative ways you're planning on getting to that goal. Can't be easy to do in pre-retirement for sure.

Hang in there bud, you'll git er dun.