Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A.J. Came through for me in Albuquerque... all I need to do is wait for the pavement to cool done, then I will ride to Albuquerque for a morning tire swap. The ride is of course toast. Think I will head there just to scout out the area.

I am east of OKC right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Cape to Cape done.(71 hours) missed the gold, but with a tire change that was gonna happen. Dumped my bike pulling over to get a picture for the finish at Cape Mendocino. Heading back to Iowa for an oil change.

Congrats and good luck for the rest of the miles. Keeping the paperwork straight is a big accomplishment in itself.

From the Cape, it would seem that your could find a closer place to get an oil change, as opposed to riding 2,000 miles to Iowa.
smile.png

Today was a first for me: I went through a tornado

6th day of getting pelted with hail. Semi flipped..

My front tire has got 1 BBG left on it. That puts me on Sunday again for the tire replacement. I will make that decision tomorrow

Spooned on a new front tire and tried to clean the radiator off a little. The bike has been running hot lately. Last 2 days I have run BBGs, so tonight I will catch my breath and prepare for the last 3 days.

28 days / 29k miles

I need 2k more plus some padding and this ride is history!

BBGs are really challenging with fatigue and road construction. Different BBG Route tomorrow. Then I might coast the last 2 days(?)