Pathfinder's 48plus/10-10s

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
map.png

This is a "close enough" image of my route. The ride will begin 18 May 11:45 PM with signings and gas.

The letter "A" is starting midnight, each letter thereafter is a midnight goal.

Day #1 - 1400 miles Day #6 - 1150 miles

Day #2 - 1350 miles Day #7 - 1100 miles

Day #3 - 1300 miles Day #8 - 1050 miles

Day #4 - 1250 miles Day #9 - 1000 miles

Day #5 - 1200 miles Day #10- Finish

These are only "goals" and I just want to keep within 500 miles overall of them.

Doubts are setting in... but better to have tried and failed - than to have failed to try ! :huh:

I will be running SPOT: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=4984 To Hyder

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=4985 From Hyder

I look forward to seeing some of you on the road - I can sure use "In route" witnesses.

Thanks,

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
map.png

This is a "close enough" image of my route. The ride will begin 18 May 11:45 PM with signings and gas.

These are only "goals" and I just want to keep within 500 miles overall of them.

Doubts are setting in... but better to have tried and failed - than to have failed to try ! :huh:

I look forward to seeing some of you on the road - I can sure use "In route" witnesses.

Thanks,

Tony

Go Tony Go!!

I'm not riding right now because of my shoulder surgery; do you have your start witness taken care of??

Last edited by a moderator:
map.png

Thanks,

Tony
Tony,

Good luck!!! We will be watching.

Greg Rice

Travel_Man

Good luck on the ride.

With the invention of SPOT...this has now become the season to watch transponders wander North America in a weird seasonal migration to Hyder, Alaska. Not all FJRs go, but for the select few that try....the reward is incredible. ;)

I wanted a stress-free day of departure before I leave out at midnight, So last

night I am doing my"wallet cleaning" to get rid of extra unwanted items. I look at

my driver's license to see that.... IT EXPIRED OVER A MONTH AND A HALF AGO!!!

So much for the stress-free day.... :dribble: :lol: :(

Got your tracking bookmarked and look forward to following your groovy ride.

best of fun and good roads to ya!

BTW: license is no big deal, they won't haul you in for that.

I wanted a stress-free day of departure before I leave out at midnight, So lastnight I am doing my"wallet cleaning" to get rid of extra unwanted items. I look at

my driver's license to see that.... IT EXPIRED OVER A MONTH AND A HALF AGO!!!

So much for the stress-free day.... :dribble: :lol: :(
In Florida you can renew online so that if you get stopped when they check it will show it is current.

In Florida you can renew online so that if you get stopped when they check it will show it is current.

I got er done... waited in line - But I am "not smiling" in the pic on the card- wonder why? :lol:

Looks like he is doing OK so far. Riding right past my place, so depending on time he is around, maybe I will try for an intercept.

Looks like he is doing OK so far. Riding right past my place, so depending on time he is around, maybe I will try for an intercept.
Ya, been good fun watching -and I want to see him nail his "guestimated" stops, doing so will be pretty groovy.

I'm lurking on his spot tracks too. I think his excellent progress so fay may be hampered later today when he reaches the congested Northeast. The section through NJ, NY, CT will be rough unless it is late tonight.

Just checked it too. Looks like he may be well ahead of schedule to arrive at "Point B" before midnight. Looks like Wilmington or maybe Baltimore?

Just checked it too. Looks like he may be well ahead of schedule to arrive at "Point B" before midnight. Looks like Wilmington or maybe Baltimore?
I'm think'n that "Point B" is more like New Haven CT looks to be on the north side of Long Island. I hope that's where he's headed if he were to hold up in Wilmington or Baltimore that could be a big tactical mistake. It would mean he would be headed into NYC/Tri-State area in AM rush and believe me that would suck. Even if he's a bit behind tonight and even tomorrow once he's clear of Albany there will be clearer roads and fewer stops.

Crap, looks like I'm going to be a little late getting off work to make a Maryland Intercept.

He also seems to be, ahem...., making pretty good time :clapping: :clapping:
I've put a few miles (attempting to) ride with 101st; I'm tellin' ya, he's a rider! On the legends 1000, we got separated in the Orlando rush hour traffic and I spent all day trying to catch up - and I was "gettin' it! I finally caught up with him on the 2nd Tallahassee stop.