Pathfinder's 48plus/10-10s

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy; this is big time fun stuff! GO TONY!!! Man oh man, I love following the exploits of my fellow FJR Forum IBA / IBR members when they are out on these truly great adventures!
I'm with ya on those thoughts Donnie ......Man-0-Man, almost wish he'd stop for a while and give us a break. My mouse finger is killing me.

Looks like he took a rest in the Virgin River Canyon, probably a good idea during O'Dark :30. Looks like he's making up for some lost time across I-70. Nice run for an Interstate IIRC. Wasn't there a big rock slide there this Spring? Was the road totally repaired or is there still construction (usually is during Summer in the Rockies). Musta been a nice ride, weather looks perfect too, 66F. Missed the Denver traffic!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Man he lucked out with Denver weather. Yesterday was chilly and WINDY AS HELL Today is only 'pretty breezy'.

Bwana- there was indeed a huge rockslide along I-70 a few months back. It's not completely 'cleaned up' but the roadway is back to all 4 lanes open- 2each way. he shouldn't have any traffic untill he meets I-25.

Edit: Nvm...He's through the metro area... he timed that extremely well, traffic-wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Followed Pathfinder about 10 miles into Sheridan WY.

We talked about 10 minutes on the side of the road.

He was riding very smooth with good speed control.

Was in good spirits and enjoying the ride. Looked a little

tough but seemed to be physicaly and mentally strong.

No doubt he is going to make it.

I am getting exhausted just watching from behind the LCD screen... And realizing he is out at crazy hours in the western mountains at night with only stock lights. Good luck, Tony! Only a couple more days so keep pluggin'!

-BD

He'll be coming right past my office here in about an hour or so. I'm assuming he might stop here for gas as there's a lot of nothing north where he's coming from. Beautiful riding weather--55 degrees right now and calm winds, overcast. Compared to huge winds and rain/snow just Monday he really caught a nice window of weather. The stretch of I-15 he's on right now is like the American Autobahn--go as fast as you want :D

I've got no shame because he's putting on more miles in ten days than I have in 1825, so I'll ask: what exactly is the Iron Butt Hotel?
Exactly! Usually a park bench, sidewalk, or my preference.....a grassy area.....that's not a pet pee area. ...
(Trying not to proselytize, too much) In my mind's eye I see an Aerostich Roadcrafter (they seem to be made with laying prone and sleeping in mind...?) and the rider on a picnic table (my favorite...).

I just followed him for about 10 miles in the car, hoping he'd stop here in town so I could say "hi" but he must have gassed up somewhere north. Everything looked good from what I saw. Here's a pic I just took going through a short paving project they're doing right now, just north of Idaho Falls. Despite the look, it's not raining...

Pathfinder.jpg

so, after he's been to Hyder he just has to ride home to FL? :)

I need to know what he does for a living. I wouldn't have enough paid time off to do something like this. I had to save up for 6 months to get 5 days last year for my ride to Portland, OR.

I need to know what he does for a living. I wouldn't have enough paid time off to do something like this. I had to save up for 6 months to get 5 days last year for my ride to Portland, OR.

Heck, I have both the time and could afford too, but I don't have the "wife" that would let me. :)

Dave

Hey, look at it this way, he's going on a life's worth of summer vacations in just over a week, so it's like he's just making damn good use of his time off.

Heck, I have both the time and could afford too, but I don't have the "wife" that would let me. :)

Dave
I have the time, money and an understanding wife. I just don't have the inclination.

While it may be a grand achievement, it just doesn't look anything like fun to me.

To each his own. And it's lots of fun to follow from my air conditioned office.

Dave
Dave: You need to learn to be more annoying at home. My wife gets excited when she finds out I'm going to leave for a few days :D

Last I knew, he was meeting his father in Canada for some fishing so the trip back will be alot less "strenuous.

He works for USPS in West Palm Beach; and to answer another post, yes, that's a damn fine woman he's got...

Tony's in, safe, happy, and drinking a water at my house. We'll be replacing a low-beam bulb that's out.

Tony's in, safe, happy, and drinking a water at my house. We'll be replacing a low-beam bulb that's out.
Tony: Man-0-Man

What a thrill you've given us. The most fun I've had in a long time watching your great spirit and contribution to old-skewl-moto-bike-fun!!

I'd like to formally put in my request to be groupie #1

...Yep, all other groupies get in line behind me.

Awesome job -Congrat's on your 48 ...Uhh, and you're not done yet. Us groupies will be watching and following your next days as you go conquer Alaska.

Thanks for all the fun tony ...."Thumbs-Up" From Reno

200544099-001.jpg
200468697-001.jpg
AX005-631.jpg
u13267504.jpg
BLD041206.jpg
182534SDC.jpg
e00010985.jpg
15327-51IL.jpg
bxp27357.jpg
74362830.jpg
AP05974.jpg
AP05700.jpg
AP06011.jpg
56677551.jpg
55878570.jpg
STK122254RKE.jpg
183771SDC.jpg
183151SDC.jpg
183155SDC.jpg
183172SDC.jpg
184232SDC.jpg
ZKD025.jpg
191310SDC.jpg
184445SDC.jpg
MEDFR30663.jpg
184519SDC.jpg
ks106112.jpg
bxp28881.jpg
200311191-001.jpg
FAA017000895.jpg

Completely inspirational!

I got the bug doing a ss1000. Prepping now for a bb1500, but have my eyes on a 50cc.

Super impressed! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Tony's taking a shower now. I figured he'd be hungry and tired, but he's going a mile a minute. He only got tired when I started to rattle off good roads to ride in Washington (20 over North Cascades....or cruise 240 to see coulees, and Carnation cut-off) and he got that 8 day stare like he could only possibly remember, "I-90 to Seattle...unga....turn right".

I looked at his GPS and he's got 9536 on it.....so I think he has to do 500 miles tomorrow before midnight to get his 10/10th. We'll get him to crash and get 6 hours of sleep.

I showed him Spud's picture and his jaw dropped. No clue he was being followed.

He did say somebody rode up next to him down in Arizona or something and took a picture from a car. No clue on that one.

He's getting his ending witness to be Ron Ayres and Mike Kneebone....classic!

Tony, you're an absolutely amazing long distance rider! Congratulations on all you have achieved so far and what you are about to accomplish next. Awe inspiring and inspirational! Regards, Don Stanley