Pathfinder's 48plus/10-10s

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Tony!! I'm pretty sure now that "too far" is NOT a part of this boy's vocabulary :good: :good: :good: :good:

Looks like he's not exactly taking it easy for the ride home. https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=4985
I talked with Tony a good bit tonight. He is in Iowa with family; he said he's at ~14K miles for 14 days, but the pace will slow down quite a bit now as he wants to visit everyone there, plus he's doing a fishing trip with his Dad and some other folks (traveling in a van) back up to Canada.

I told him he needs to catch up and post about his exploits but he probably won't until returning home in another week or so. Also, his PR2's have held up well...

Tony, I'm sure your epic ride will be in the history books long before you get a chance to read this, but, if you were wondering what that unnatural feeling was that kept you going during your ride, it was a heaping pile of good mojo being sent from all across the country as we sat back in our comfortable chairs and watched in awe as the little cycle on the SPOT tracker site made it's way all over the country.Thank you for giving us the opportunity to live vicariously through you - a job well done.....so far!!! We'll continue to pull for you as you make your way through BC and on to Hyder.

I am up in Iowa currently. I wanted to post a big thanks to forum members in general.

You as a forum have put up with my many questions on equipment and the like. Your

advice has carried me through a number of rides thus far.

I would like to single a few members out, if I may:

Ignacio-

Matt, You have been one of my idols, following you and others in the IBR, and reading

your blogs, reports and sites have been great learning tools for me. Your advice mid-ride

when perhaps I was getting to "relaxed" was perfect. You put up with my inability to follow

simple directions for the "Meet-up". Then took me in, fixed my headlight and got me the

rest I needed to complete my ride. THANK YOU :clapping:

fljab-

Jim, You were a big part of my feeling "Connected". You kept in touch and were a key in

passing on info to others, then back to me. You were a big part of me feeling like I was not

alone in my quest. You heal up so we can do some rides together soon. THANK YOU :clapping:

BrunDog-

Pete, You came out at midnight to witness a total stranger's ride. I am sure this will not be the

last time we meet up. I consider you my friend and look forward to puttin' some miles on that

bike of yours when I return. THANK YOU :clapping:

rickcorwn-

Rick, Advice on equipment from you proved to be correct and you showed patience with me

on the never ending questions. I thought about stopping to see you- but was running behind

when I hit the twin cities. (At rush hour) THANK YOU :clapping:

Beemerdons-

Don, Your posting on "Mexico" was timely. I learned so much from it. Once I crossed the border

I forgot all advice and drove around like an idiot doing everything I was not supposed to and

not doing what I was supposed to. :lol: BUT then your advice sunk in. THANK YOU :clapping:

CarlStark-

Carl, You blew me away with your meet-up in Sheridan,WY. I did not know if I had it in me to

make it to Billings,MT that evening... after our talk, I think you gave me an additional 100+ miles

in "pep" to make it. THANK YOU :clapping:

Spud- What can I say? Your picture of me (When Matt showed me) flattered me, that someone

would go to that much trouble to post progress with a photo! THANK YOU :clapping:

RenoJohn- I am honored to have such an Iconic rider as you (On this forum and others) follow my

ride with such an enthusiastic attitude and knowledge of the roads I was traveling. You have now

officially earned my forgiveness for stealing my 2nd bike (The '04 which you now have) from me. :lol:

My wife gave me permission to buy that in a phone conversation at work, just to come home from

work that night to log in and buy it- but then see it was gone to you. Win some/Lose some... So you

are forgiven. And THANK YOU :clapping:

I could go on and on... but my quote from RANDY's post sums it up nicely.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SUPPLIED THE MOJO!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Many of you are riders I look up to...

I will leave for Canada Friday AM, return to Iowa a week from Saturday- Then take off for Florida

that night. Back to work Monday. I am planning my next ride as I type:

MTF's Angle Inlet to Key West... But I will do the Key West to Angle Inlet to Key West (Gold)

And why not... I have a new PR2 rear tire - No more babying W/low speeds on return

And P.S. Matt- I rode into Iowa with 70 MPH cross winds and a Tornado to the south in a

town you might have heard of... MT. Ayr

On a funny note: I forgot about my "Fight" with my Garmin> which lead to me shutting it off

for some time after a LONG approach into Mexico. My milage when I arrived in Hyder,AK after

9 1/2 days was 11,121 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Tony! I'm still working on my ride report for my 48+, but it was sure nice meeting up with you in Hyder. Glad to hear that tire lasted for your trip to Iowa and that you've got a new one on now. Drop me a PM with your email addy and I'll send along some pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
So kicked out of the Candy Butt Association..

Rider non Gratis, jes sayin'..

:fuck:

Oh, GREAT ride...

Before your next ride? Let me know. I'll buy some PrepH stock! :unsure:

Thought I'd add a pic of Greg, girlfriend Sam, and Tony aka 101st at a meet up we had back some months ago. My black '09 and 101's blue '05.

RoadTripHDtourJan10004.jpg

RenoJohn- I am honored to have such an Iconic rider as you (On this forum and others) follow myride with such an enthusiastic attitude and knowledge of the roads I was traveling. You have now

officially earned my forgiveness for stealing my 2nd bike (The '04 which you now have) from me. :lol:

My wife gave me permission to buy that in a phone conversation at work, just to come home from

work that night to log in and buy it- but then see it was gone to you. Win some/Lose some... So you

are forgiven. And THANK YOU :clapping:
Funny ....

I just wanted to say:

I for one haven't forgot about the fun of watching this ride -even now months later it's still fun to think back on.

Awesome job Tony ....you really brought a lot of motobike fun to us, ...and you did it the old-skewl way!!!

cheers from reno to you

John