Patti Knight (Mrs. TWN) Passed Away, Friday, 1/15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad news, although if she was suffering it perhaps wasn't so bad. I'd like to think that she is happily resting in Tim's loving arms right now.

RIP Patty. Sorry you had to go so young.

Once, again, I am merely the conduit on this one. The obituary was written/put together by others.

As for an appropriate comment, I think that Chris Bates said it very well when signing off on the email in which he transmitted the obituary to me: "Fuckin fuckin fuck fuck"

Sounds vaguely familiar doesn't it?

Give 'em all an enthusiastic FYYFF for us ,Tim and Patti (in two-part harmony) !

Last edited by a moderator:
I cook BBQ, am a certified Pitmaster, and cook in KCBS BBQ contests as seen on TV. There is a team out of the Chicago area who calls itself CancerSucks.com and they have dedicated themselves to helping raise money for cancer research. they donate thier ALL thier prize money as well as raise additional cash through various means, such as putting on cooking classes, building and raffeling bbq cookers, stuff like that. If you ever see them at a show, and they cook all over the country, or contact Scotty through his web site, A fund will be set up in Patti's name and various fund raising events can be set up to raise cash in her name. Any donations are greatly appreciated. If nothing else stop by a BBQ contest in your area and slip Scotty a fiver for the cause, Tell him TasteBud's BBQ sent you!

As for an appropriate comment, I think that Chris Bates said it very well when signing off on the email in which he transmitted the obituary to me: "Fuckin fuckin fuck fuck"
Sounds vaguely familiar doesn't it?

Ha! Isn't that what Tim said as he snapped the bolt on his front shock at Armands house that time? :)

I cook BBQ, am a certified Pitmaster, and cook in KCBS BBQ contests as seen on TV. There is a team out of the Chicago area who calls itself CancerSucks.com and they have dedicated themselves to helping raise money for cancer research. they donate thier ALL thier prize money as well as raise additional cash through various means, such as putting on cooking classes, building and raffeling bbq cookers, stuff like that. If you ever see them at a show, and they cook all over the country, or contact Scotty through his web site, A fund will be set up in Patti's name and various fund raising events can be set up to raise cash in her name. Any donations are greatly appreciated. If nothing else stop by a BBQ contest in your area and slip Scotty a fiver for the cause, Tell him TasteBud's BBQ sent you!
I'll do when I visit the USA in a few years...how about some recipes?

:bye2: So sorry to read this, Prayers to all family...including the one I feel I have here...its good to be not alone...

Blessings my brothers and sisters,

Bobby

I regret the blast from the past. Sorry to open the old wounds. But when Tim went away, I pretty much never came back. This is a good enough reason. So sad. Tears for you, Tim. Tears for you, Patti. Peace out.

[SIZE=12pt]Update starts here. Patti passed away on Friday, January 15th.[/SIZE]
--------------------------

For reasons unfathomable (at least to me), our individual, and collective, faith, fortitude and notions of fairness are, once again, being severely challenged.

It is with profound sadness that I have been asked to share with all of you the news that Patti Knight, widow of Tim "Two Wheel Nut" Bates has been diagnosed with stage four, inoperable, terminal cancer. She is currently receiving hospice care.

I am awaiting word from Patti's closest friends and family regarding the best way to route communications to her, and to them, and will pass on that information when it becomes available.

I have also been told that there have been discussions about a memorial service sometime, somewhere down the road but, at the present time, the family's focus is, understandably, elsewhere.

Updates will be posted here periodically when there is more news to share.

I know that, at this trying time, our thoughts and prayers are with Patti, and with her family.

Cherish everyday, everyone (as if yet another reminder is called for).

Expletives deleted.

Edit 18:40 H PST 12 January 2010

As posted further down this thread, Chris Bates, Patti's brother-in-law has asked that the following address be posted for those who might wish to send a card:

Patricia Knight

c/o Peter and Joanne Logan

655 Edgewood Drive

Goleta, CA 93117-1642

Sorry All for her loss!!!

Good Lord! Where have I been? I haven't been here since July of '08, almost 3 years. Had to reset the PW.

And what do I find? My old pal TWN died not long after that, and now his wife is gone too. I had no idea.

I had stumbled on to some funny PMs he and I had exchanged ending with "ride safe!" from each.

It's like waking up after a long sleep. Who else?

My belated condolences to their family, from a long, out-of-touch friend.

YT

Status
Not open for further replies.