PC III Maps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The FJR ECU is not Bosch Motronic (you already knew that).

It does absolutely no adaptation based on O2 sensor input or anything else.

There is nothing to "reset" by disconnecting the battery. Like I said, it is a very simple system.

I'll have to check into the PCV sending O2 signals to the ECU. but I am very, very skeptical that this is true.

The FJR ECU is not Bosch Motronic (you already knew that).

It does absolutely no adaptation based on O2 sensor input or anything else.

There is nothing to "reset" by disconnecting the battery. Like I said, it is a very simple system.

I'll have to check into the PCV sending O2 signals to the ECU. but I am very, very skeptical that this is true.
Well that would be a relief, the Bosch ECU was/is a huge headache to deal with. I would be curious to hear what you find out WRT the PCV & its wideband. It would certainly be a lot simpler if the closed loop were completely disabled on the FJR OEM ECU. I think I am going to pick up an LC1 or similar this winter, subjective eval is great but nothing replaces actual data.

I LOVE the Keihin 39mm flatslides I'm running on my FJR...no FI problems at all.

51mpg....10.07 quartermile times....166mph top end, GPS confirmed.

Only downside is that awful flatslide "rattle".

YMMV

:rofl:

There is an option here that I am considering, which is the Innovative Motorsports LC1 wideband but as a data acq tool to look into some of these "WTF is going on issues" on the FJR.

https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/

end quote

I cant type anywhere but the quote box, forum upgrade in progress...

As a less expensive alternative you may want to consider a wideband sensor / gauage kit and an rpm / tp monitoring setup such as the one I documented here

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/147612-android-display-for-pc-commander/?do=findComment&comment=990737

The downside is no data logging...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I ordered a PC5 from Fuelmoto the other day. They mapped it for my 2006. Is there a post somewhere that could help with the install?

Thanks