PC V TP Calibrating?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAF

Reaction score
I wanted to calibrate my TP on my PC V.

I been running the Auto Tune so wanted to this but had no clue.

So I took it out in the sticks, put it up on the center stand, started it and ran it up till the tube would not go any more. It took it over Red Line into breaking up and hitting the limiter. I did it three times to be sure and got slight top end voltage numbers but not by much.

I guess my question is how have you with a PC V done this?

What voltages are you guys Seeing/Running?

I searched and saw some PC III posts saying a quick blip and stuff of that nature.

However as I read the Help in the PC V Software it says twist the wick stop to stop and that is what I did.

Since the PC V is knocking out, effectively bypassing the TPS from the ECU, I want to hear how others have done this.

And the voltage range you ended up with in the PC V Software.

Thanks for any information.

Bump

Any thoughts help?

Maybe this way:

Does anyone know the seen voltage of the stock TP Voltages?

I don't have a habit of checking my TPS signal with a voltmeter, but I can tell you that 0% throttle will be somewhere at the low end of the 0-5v range, and 100% throttle will be somewhere at the high end of that range.

Follow the instructions for calibrating the throttle on the PCV and don't worry about it. A quick blip from 0% to 100% throttle and back is all that's needed during the calibration procedure. Your engine shouldn't reach redline during that time.

Also, the PCV does not "bypass" the TPS signal. It simply taps into it and reads it. The ECU still gets the TPS signal too.

If you want to verify that your TPS is operating within the normal range, try this: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=3283&st=0&p=37996entry37996

I don't have a habit of checking my TPS signal with a voltmeter
OK, I lied.

My bike's TPS ranges from 0.711v at 0% throttle to 4.140v at 100% throttle.

I just remembered that I have easy access to testing the TPS signal thanks to one of my crazy projects.

debugging_on_bike.jpg

THANK YOU !

I have.62xx on the low end and 3.92xx on the high end. I would think close enough..

Thank you for explaining the PC V function on the ECU also.

I had thought of going into diag mode but then I need to lift the tank and disconnect the PC V and then reconnect it and was not up to going there.

Again I thank you as always for your information and knowledge on fuel tuners in general, and sharing that with us.

I am pulling 40 MPG on the Auto Tune, up from 37, going to go a little leaner and look for 42- 44 and call it a day. This is mixed riding and many trips over a ton for extended miles at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had thought of going into diag mode but then I need to lift the tank and disconnect the PC V and then reconnect it and was not up to going there.
No need to disconnect the PCV before going into DIAG mode. The PCV does not interfere with any ECU signals, except for the outgoing fuel injection signals. Even there, the injector diagnostics would still work fine.

No need to disconnect the PCV before going into DIAG mode. The PCV does not interfere with any ECU signals, except for the outgoing fuel injection signals. Even there, the injector diagnostics would still work fine.
I will try again today. The first and only time I tried I never got into diag mode. I assumed it was the PC V not letting me in. Of course it may or is me being stupid?

When I ran the Daytona Twin Tec on my Harley we knocked out the plug and adjusted our TPS to Voltage. Of course that is a way different tuner as it allows you to build timing charts also So that is why I asked what voltage one sees. On the Harley it was 4 volts.

I also did another with a quick blip and ended up at .63xx and 4.02xx so a blip it is. I had thought a slow pull up to red line would give a more accurate TPS adjustment, just like trying to hold steady throttle positions for it to learn quicker.

Live and learn.

Also will see if I can get into Diag Mode.