PCIII Installed...Feels like a New Bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keone

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I installed a Power Commander III the day before yesterday and got a chance to ride today. I also installed my GenMar risers and my bike feels completely different, In a good way. I can't believe how smooth the bike accelerates now, accelerating mid way through a turn isn't as hairy anymore and the new position of the handle bars only add to the comfort and confidence.

One thing I did notice is that there is a slight vibration around 5000rpm that I don't think was there before the PC. It doesn't have me worried but I am curious if anyone else experienced this. The vibration is very slight, I guess its more like a buzz but I can clearly feel it throughout the seat. I didn't do a TBS after installing the PC, could that oversight cause vibrations?

All in All I am very happy with the PC and the effects its had on my bike. I am running the stock map that came loaded in the PC. Can anyone comment if there any other maps that will do an even better job???

Thanks

Keone

(light-hearted jab coming youur way)

Jeez, man! Did ya even try the SEARCH tool? :glare: (I'm trying to earn some Iggy points)

"+maps +pc3" netted the following result.

All seriousness aside, maybe it's so smooth everywhere else that it's(vibey stuff) just more noticable now.

Hi Guys,I installed a Power Commander III the day before yesterday and got a chance to ride today. I also installed my GenMar risers and my bike feels completely different, In a good way. I can't believe how smooth the bike accelerates now, accelerating mid way through a turn isn't as hairy anymore and the new position of the handle bars only add to the comfort and confidence.

One thing I did notice is that there is a slight vibration around 5000rpm that I don't think was there before the PC. It doesn't have me worried but I am curious if anyone else experienced this. The vibration is very slight, I guess its more like a buzz but I can clearly feel it throughout the seat. I didn't do a TBS after installing the PC, could that oversight cause vibrations?

All in All I am very happy with the PC and the effects its had on my bike. I am running the stock map that came loaded in the PC. Can anyone comment if there any other maps that will do an even better job???

Thanks

Keone
Please don't be offended Keone, did you remember to disconnect the O2 sensor?

Last edited by a moderator:
War Machine:

Yeah O2 sensor is disconnected. Maybe it was in my imagination, you know I think we all need to have something to fix....

I rode again today and didn't really notice it. The bike just feel smooth and more nimble, I know impossible right. There is no way installing a PC could make the bike fell more nimble.... but it does....

Thanks

K

War Machine:Yeah O2 sensor is disconnected. Maybe it was in my imagination, you know I think we all need to have something to fix....

I rode again today and didn't really notice it. The bike just feel smooth and more nimble, I know impossible right. There is no way installing a PC could make the bike fell more nimble.... but it does....

Thanks

K
Yes, it does.

I think it's because maneuvering a motorcycle involves throttle modulation as well as bar/position inputs. This is often unconscious on our part, much as counter steering is to one who has never heard of it. We do it but we don't realize we do - unless we think about it. So, the smoothness and responsiveness throttle benefits of the PCIII make the bike easier to handle as well.

Yay-ahhh. Thank yew Our Lady of Smoothness. Can I get a Ya-men??

Yaaaa-men.

Bill

When the pc and heli triple clamp was installed i could not believe how different/better the bike was. sooo smooth and effortless. Everett

Latest posts