PCIII Map - After 9 Dyno-Runs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the Quill exhausts were fitted, the bike had 9 Dyno-Runs to get the most out of the bike. A few people had asked me for a copy but I forgot to post the map for people to play around with - until now : :) Sorry!
Click HERE to download [MadDogMcQ_Map]

Suitable for 2006 bikes onwards.

Copy Of Dyno-Printout

Tom
Hmm...Interesting. I might try this with my pipes just for grins. It looks to be somewhat leaner than the Wally smoothness map across all RPM.

Over the last few weeks I've been trying the Wally Smoothness/Power map and although it seems pretty good, I feel that it's a bit on the rich side. The exhausts are very sooty.

Now that I'm used to it, I think I'll switch back to my map and see just how different it feels.

MadDog, not trying to be a killjoy, but you spent...1k (?) on the cans, PC III, and dyno runs for about a 4% increase in HP? Or did you do it to make the bike more ridable/enjoyable with better A/F ratios? Or maybe a little of all of the above? Hey, good on ya if you're happy and got your desired results!

Hi MadDog,

I've read your article on your own website earlier than this threat. So I know the dyno- and AFR-chart. I cannot use a dyno to programm an individual map. (I could, but only for much cash.) So I use try and error to near me to a good personal map for my 2005.

It's calibrate to 3,6 per cent CO for each cylinder. Airbox and exhaust are modified. O2-sensor is disconnected.

In the past I try diffent maps. Over all the maps there is a scheme when comparing them with PCIII softwaretool. I talk about the form of the curve when looking to the diffent throttle-positions. Just a few individuals but general the same ups and downs. The difference is mostly the level of the curve. In some throttle-positions your map goes with the others, in other throttle-positions it has his own wave. But it is always much less rich (poor?).

I've not testet your map. 1st reason: it becomes winter - 2nd reason: from sound and exhausts ends (light grey) it seems to run poor. I like to be save and not overheat the engine and smelt the pistons. Now with the Holeshot_Wally.djm it sounds smoother and the exhausts ends become dark grey. But the engine never speeds up over 9.000 UpM in fifth gear. In fourth gear only to 9.500 UpM.

Before PCIII (with CO settings for 3,0 per cent, modified airbox and stock exhausts) the bike runs smooth, but not very powerfull at the lowrange. In highrange it accelerate like a rocket - a rocket that ignitate different stages. Now (with PCIII and mod. exhausts) it accelerate more linear and runs powerfull from 2.500 to the end.

Did you have any idea about the flowchange and it's effects to the AFR in case of my mods? To provide my fuel mileage gaves no profit because we calculate complete other stuff (liter per hundred kilometer vs. miles per gallon). I lost about 35 miles on a full fuel stop with the mods.

I hope you understand me. I don't know the correct technical words and spelling in english. If you something not understand, please be free and ask me what I want to say.

Thanks for your effort.