PCIII map question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandcommuter

Reaction score
I was downloading Wally's famous map when I noticed he does not have stock pipes. Anybody using that map with a bone stock feejer? Or is there another map better for that config?

Thanks -

I tried the "Wally smoothness" map on my stock 05 and it ran like a puking pig, ended up spending the money ($300) and getting a custom map made by the local Dyno guy.

Had to leave the bike with him for a full day, however it was well worth it.

Bike went from 119-129.1hp and smoothed out the on/off throttle transition.

Skippy

I've run my map and Wallies (and the dynojet standard maps and the holeshots map) with either my D&D or OEM cans. Each acts pretty much the same regardless of the cans. I attribute it to the cat/con constraints on exhaust flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up installing Wally's co-worker's map (Bill's Wally's smoothness map) that is billed as the same concept but for a bone stock bike.

Rode it today for the first time and while it idles a little rough that whole stretch from 3500-4500 rpm which used to surge is now almost perfectly clean and smooth. Beter throttle response, too.

This is the first time I've installed a PCIII that worked _exactly_ as advertised.

I may give Wally's map for the D&D's a try, just for the heck of it but this map really is great.

Link to Bill's Wally's map:https://www.fjr1300.info/misc/M409-BoneStock.djm