PCIII Poll: What map are you running?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To respond to my own post

I was running a modified version of the Wally Smoothness map (rolled my own). Rode it for 1600 miles and didn't like how it behaved right at the 3750 rpm where I modified it. I'm back to the stock map.

Liked the smoothness

Didn't like the loss of power

Didn't like weird fueling at partial power at 3750 rpm.

Looking for suggestions.

I get my PCIII installed next Tuesday (Aug 14th) with multiple Dyno runs, so I'll leave the guys alone to find the maximum power map. After the best dyno-map is found, they'll be fitting a pair of Quill Evo2 exhausts fitted, with the baffles removed and a new map built to suit those.

Then when I get home I can start to play with the Wally Maps and others to see what the differences are. I'll report back here.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Max power maps don't necessarily translate to best map for street riding ;)

Wally smoothness transformed my '03 into something I just can't WAIT to get my right hand around. . . . .

Max power is meaningless to me. I'll get some way on if I need it, yet I have not found the top limit of the throttle handle while riding this bike, only the quick blip to calibrate the PCIII. Just running in traffic I'm shifting at 3500 at most; if I'm in a hurry I'll see 6 grand.

The part-throttle improvement in Wally Smoothness made the bike just plain sexy to handle.