PCIII Software

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
I spent lunch with Nice Rumble planning a PCIII install in his '06. He has been to the Power Commander web site, downloaded the software but it won't run on his Mac (ver 10.4) desktop. Does PCIII software run on a Mac? Are helper programs needed to uncompress the PCIII maps? Does he need to run the software from the web page instead of downloading it? Apple/Mac's are so simple to use I've never been able to figure out how to run one :lol:

Power Commander website FAQ's indicate that their software is only Windows compatible.

I too am a Mac desktop user, but used my Dell laptop for down loading/loading my PC-III maps to my bike.

Thanks for the reply Hit the Road Jack!

Let me answer my own question. I went to PCIII web site and read all the FAQs and there was no mention of Apple or Mac (that I could find), so I called DynoJet. First, let me say that I got a live person in less than a minute with almost no runaround :good:

Now let me say, POWER COMMANDER DOES NOT SUPPORT APPLE/MAC AT ALL, and they don't openly say so on their web site :thumbsdownsmileyanim: This caveat should be noted when we recommend a PCIII to people. It's not the end of the world, but it could be a real inconvenience if it were discovered by surprise during an install.

Skip, it looks like you are going to have to borrow a computer or laptop. I'll see if I can confirm that all our laptops are going to England.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another option is if your friend has an Intel Mac he could install VMWARE Fusion and XP then he could run any Windoz only programs. Admittedly this would be a bit expensive just to down load to his PCIII but maybe there's some software like S+T that he might want to use.

I spent lunch with Nice Rumble planning a PCIII install in his '06. He has been to the Power Commander web site, downloaded the software but it won't run on his Mac (ver 10.4) desktop. Does PCIII software run on a Mac? Are helper programs needed to uncompress the PCIII maps? Does he need to run the software from the web page instead of downloading it? Apple/Mac's are so simple to use I've never been able to figure out how to run one :lol:

For Skip, I have a laptop with all the software loaded. You are welcome to borrow it or bring your bike over here and we can load it up.

I just took delivery on my new '08 [he says with pride] and as I'm trolling around looking for things I might want to get I came across this thread. What is this, how does it work and do I need/want it?

I'm in California would this violate some kind of emission requirement or void the factory warranty?

What is this, how does it work and do I need/want it? ...I'm in California would this violate some kind of emission requirement or void the factory warranty?
The PCIII is a little electronic control unit (ECU) that connects in series with the harness that fires the fuel injectors. The PCIII changes the fuel trim values based on % of throttle opening, rate of throttle opening and RPM range. The PCIII comes with different fuel trim maps to accommodate stock to modified configurations. The PCIII smoothes throttle transitions which vastly reduces abrupt throttle response, and in earlier FJRs it cured lean surging. You download the maps to the PCIII with any non Mac laptop or table top USB ported computer.

The PCIII is 50 state legal and does not void factory warranty.

The real power of the PCIII is that you can easily tweak any existing map to suit your needs. If you go to a DynoJet dynamometer facility they can make a custom map that is nearly perfect for your specific bike. They plug your PCIII into the dynamometer’s computer, then as they make throttle pulls the dynamometer’s computer makes a custom PCIII fuel trim map that optimizes the FI for your bike.

It is possible to plug your laptop into the PCIII and download the Wally Smoothness map in seconds, then go for a touring ride. Later that afternoon you can plug your laptop into the PCIII and in seconds download a performance map to go racing. Then in seconds you can download a mileage map for an economical ride home. I doubt anyone actually does this, but it is entirely possible and simple to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in California would this violate some kind of emission requirement or void the factory warranty?
Chances are that if you buy a PC-III now, it will be the new and improved CARB E.O. No. D-619 approved model, thus making you legal in the event that you're pulled over and asked to present your vehicle fuel injection mapping for inspection!

Dynojet recently had their peepees whacked with a x-million dollar fine for not filing the proper paperwork with the California Air Resources Board. I think they're clear now.

Go for it. One of the best improvements to my '06 FJR.

Check out Jeff at Bike Effects and use your 15% forum discount.