PCIII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caryt

Reaction score
I am going to install a combo map...do I need to reset the CO settings back to stock? I will be disconecting the sensor per instructions . Going to try a modded Wally-Holeshot map. :yahoo: I did try searching :p

Thanks, Cary

Last edited by a moderator:
I take that as a yes..but why since the sensor is disconected and the PCIII overrides everything???

Cary

I'd guess because the CO settings are set static and don't rely on the sensor. Prolly bett4er to have the baseling settings at OEM standards. But I'm not an engineer or computer geek.

I take that as a yes..but why since the sensor is disconected and the PCIII overrides everything???
Cary
Why, is because the PCIII does NOT 'override everything'.

The PCIII modifies the fuel injection pulse from the ECU's base map. And when you change CO settings, you are in a way, changing the base map in the ECU. It's not quite that simple, but close enough for this illustration.

So ideally, you want the PCIII to be modifying a stock ECU base fuel injection map as that is what it was designed to do, and how the maps were designed. NOT having it modify an already modifed FI map.

Clear as mud?

Cary
Why, is because the PCIII does NOT 'override everything'.

The PCIII modifies the fuel injection pulse from the ECU's base map. And when you change CO settings, you are in a way, changing the base map in the ECU. It's not quite that simple, but close enough for this illustration.

So ideally, you want the PCIII to be modifying a stock ECU base fuel injection map as that is what it was designed to do, and how the maps were designed. NOT having it modify an already modifed FI map.

Clear as mud?

:huh: :dntknw: :confusedsmiley:

Ummm.....yeah.....

I take that as a yes..but why since the sensor is disconected and the PCIII overrides everything???Cary
Why, is because the PCIII does NOT 'override everything'.The PCIII modifies the fuel injection pulse from the ECU's base map. And when you change CO settings, you are in a way, changing the base map in the ECU. It's not quite that simple, but close enough for this illustration.So ideally, you want the PCIII to be modifying a stock ECU base fuel injection map as that is what it was designed to do, and how the maps were designed. NOT having it modify an already modifed FI map.Clear as mud?
Yes it is now clear..I presumed that since we had a co2 sensor and adjusted it that a PIII instulation getting rid od the sensor would be enough...I didn't relize the PIII can't overide everything. Now I doThanks, cary
The installers of my PCIIIUSB failed to disconnect the O2 Sensor and after I did it myself, it ran far better.Click HERE to download [MadDogMcQ_Map 06/07]Copy Of Dyno-Printout
Thanks for the map!!!!!cary