Pedrosa Yamaha 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw an article on FB. Pedrosa to join Rossi on the yamahas in 2017.
That sucks. He doesn't deserve a factory ride. He has been on the best equipment for, what about 8 years, in MotoGP and still couldn't win a title. Hell, he almost cost Nicky Hayden his title when he torpedoed him. Superbikeplanet.com and Road Racing World are not reporting it yet, I'll wait until they confirm as they do a good job of fact checking before publishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing some Google searching it seems like it is only 'rumored' so far so we shall see. The thing with Pedrosa is that he can beat anyone when he's healthy and has had some excellent races but he just can't do it a whole season. In MotoGP he has 101 podiums and 28 victories but he has not been able to string those together for any consistency. Too many injuries for one. Can't say he hasn't had his chances.

Yeah. Suzuki really needs Vinales! He could make Suzuki on more podiums one day like Marquez for Repsol Honda or Lorenzo for Yamaha. The kid got talent.

Before Vinales, how long has it been since Suzuki had a podium in MotoGP?

The latest on the silly season from Cycle News:

Dani Pedrosa will stay with the Repsol Honda team for the next two seasons, ending speculation the career-long Honda rider would jump ship to partner Valentino Rossi at Movistar Yamaha. The move will be confirmed at this week’s Italian MotoGP. “I’m very happy to be able to announce my renewal with the Repsol Honda Team,” Pedrosa said. “I’m very grateful to Honda for the trust they’ve shown in renewing with me for an additional two years. I think it’s best for me to continue with the company I was with at my very first race. I’m happy that the negotiations have been quick,and now I can just focus on racing. I want to give 100% this weekend at the Italian GP. ”Meanwhile, it has widely been reported that Maverick Vinales will now partner Rossi at Yamaha after the Spaniard reportedly made his decision to switch from Suzuki at last week’s French MotoGP. An announcement is expected at the Italian MotoGP. This leaves the door open for Andrea Iannone to leave the factory Ducati team and switch to Suzuki, a move that would see incumbent Aleix Espargaro stay on the second Suzuki for the next two seasons. CN

I guess Honda is happy to rely solely on Marquez to win another championship...

I wonder what Marquez's position is on extending Pedrosa at Honda? He may like having a teammate that doesn't steal any of the spotlight or present a competition threat. Sure, he'd like a teammate who can outscore Lorenzo and Rossi, but who's that gonna be?

and now Alex Espargaro is left out from Suzuki about his future. He sounds bitter in an interview with a British media that Suzuki team does not treat him well and fair. Perhaps Suzuki has a second thought about a second rider...