Pelican.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzzzip

Reaction score
A latch that secures the lid on my 1450 Pelican broke without any indication there was a problem. I have been using it on different bikes for 3 or 4 years. I contacted Pelican HQ in California by email asking if this was something covered by their "lifetime" warranty. I figured not---wear and tear issue.

They immediately responded saying they would send me a new latch, asked the color and how many. I asked for 2 figuring the other one would fail eventually. Next day they advised new ones were on the way at no charge. I got them a couple of day later. SIX of them with mounting pins!!!

Great service backing their product. I always considered them a bit expensive, but looks like you get what you pay for in this case.

We use pelican/storm cases extensively. The cases are great, as is their customer service.

I love my Pelican cases. I have one for my tactical rifle, and one I transport my competition guns in when I fly. Because of those cases, I never worry about what's inside.

Third generation of latches on my black 1450 case. I almost asked for yellow latches this time (they arrived on Monday).

Got the case from Petey.
waaa.gif