Pennsylvania Riders - Check In Here

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Reaction score
Mechanicsburg - just outside of Harrisburg. 3 minutes off of I-81 for the mile-eaters chewing up the superslabs.

Allentown. Best thing is when you leave this area. Like to ride NE PA. and NY.

2 lanes and trees. What speed limits

South Jersey here. Nothing much to see in this godforsaken state, so spend most of my time in PA. (They have hills and mountains :D )

Meet Randy at Ephrada last Sunday. Looking forward to meeting the rest of ya in the near future.

~ Lauden

Nothing much to see in this godforsaken state

Are you besmirching the lovely South Jersey area? :(

Where are you in South Jersey? I grew up just south of Woodbury and there are plenty of very nice roads down there. Through the Pine Barrens, down by Cape May, though the farms, over the river and through the woods, etc…

I'm just south of Woodbury in Swedesboro. I know the state has nice roads, but no hills! :blink:

I've driven most of the roads over the past 20 plus years. The group I ride with is mostly from PA, so we head up to the Lancaster area, NE, SW etc.

We're heading to the Smokies to do the Dragon the weekend of the 23rd. In truth the only thing forsaken in this state is it's goverment and public policy (especially making the South pay for tyhe sins of the North!) :bigeyes:

~ Lauden

'used to' is the term. Now it's 15k houses in 10 years.

And don't forget the Jersey Tomatoes! I know the best farm markets in the area, give me a holler, we'll do some miles.

~ Lauden

Well Wilmington DE is only 1 1/4 hour away from you antvq, and Swedesboro is just across the bridge & up 295 (1/2 hour tops). Mechanicsburg I've been through a few times, but that would be a coupla hours + depending on traffic & LEO.

Would like to meet the other FJR owners in the area. Keep me in mind for a weekend or weekend-day ride.

:cownoy:

I work in Wilmington. Astrazeneca at 202 and 95. We have a riding group and do rides every week. Your welcome to join us anytime.

We're heading to Deals Gap this coming weekend to do the 'Dragon'. :clap: Leaving Friday morning, coming back Tuesday.

~ Lauden

I work in Wilmington. Astrazeneca at 202 and 95. We have a riding group and do rides every week. Your welcome to join us anytime.
Do you ever do rides during the week? I'm often in the area Wednesdays and/or Thursdays. I'm usually in the cage, but, have brought the bike a few times. I usually stay at the Homewood Suites right up the street from AstraZeneca.

This week (Thur) I'm off to Lima, Ohio for the annual BMW get together. Meeting my best riding bud & his wife there. After that & the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum, I'm going to go to Colorado to see my folks. If the ride to Ohio goes OK I may just try to do a 1k so I can get that fabulous Iron Butt license plate holder... I'm game when I get back, anytime after August 1st.

:bigeyes:

I'm in Lancaster,PA, just off route 30. This area sucks for riding in the twisties, however heading west and/or north for a bit will get you to some nice sport riding roads.

MIke

I'm in central OH now, but used to live in Pittsburgh and raised in Cranberry, NJ.

I do ride into the W. PA area oaccasionally.

You guys want to plan something (meet/ride) for this summer?

Works for me. I'll be heading to Arizona/New Mexico/Colorado over Memorial Day and Nova Scotia over Labor Day but always looking for new roads and trips during the summer.

Randy, Antvq???

I'm up for a meet/ride somewhere. It's definitely not a problem for me to head over to the Wilmington area or over to Pittsburgh. I would also maybe like to head up to Northern PA or the Poconos or up around the Lock Haven/Renova area.

Anyone know if there is anything similar to the Ephrata Breakfast run in any other part of the state?

For those who don't know, there is a monthly gathering at the Ephrata Legion on the 1st Sunday of every month. It brings in bikes of all kinds. On a good day during the summer, it's not uncommon to have about 1000 bikes. However, I was there last Sunday and I was one of 4 bikes that showed up. Maybe the fact that it was New Years day, just above freezing with some ice patches still on the road, and just a plain old ugly rainy/dreary day had something to do with the low turnout.

I was also thinking about doing the Lower Great Lakes 1000 if anyone else is interested in joining me.

I have never attempted any iron butt certification...have done 1,000 mile day before, as well as a lap of Lake Erie.....sounds interesting B) . I'm in NE Ohio Randy, any tentative dates?