Pennsylvania Riders - Check In Here

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt I'll be able to make it on March 4. If that changes, I'll let you know. If the weather is somewhat decent, there will be other people there.

Altoona, PA here, checking in. Smack dab in the middle of...well, Pennsylvania.

I'm up for a ride almost every weekend. Usually ride in PA, western MD or WV.

Can't wait for weather to warm up a bit and the roads to clear. Around here they put down anti-skid ( LOL )

like it's FREE! Hope to see/meet some of you on the road!!!

Altoona, PA here, checking in. Smack dab in the middle of...well, Pennsylvania.I'm up for a ride almost every weekend. Usually ride in PA, western MD or WV.

Can't wait for weather to warm up a bit and the roads to clear. Around here they put down anti-skid ( LOL )

like it's FREE! Hope to see/meet some of you on the road!!!
Born and raised in Altoona. Left about 22 years ago.

Speaking of Altoona (a month later), I'm sitting in my office at Penn State Altoona at this very moment, taking a brief work break, and my FJR is sitting right outside.

I hope all of us PA folks have 'em out and about by now. I actually pulled it out for a short day ride on Sunday and have been commuting with it from State College ever since. In the 3 days since I hit the street again, I've been through both day and night (gotta lower those headlight beams), sun and rain (new jacket works great), and had my first pucker inducing encounter with a deer in the nightime. Hey, why put this stuff off?

So, Randy, is that multi-marque sport touring ride on July 1 still in the works?

Speaking of Altoona (a month later), I'm sitting in my office at Penn State Altoona at this very moment, taking a brief work break, and my FJR is sitting right outside.
I hope all of us PA folks have 'em out and about by now. I actually pulled it out for a short day ride on Sunday and have been commuting with it from State College ever since. In the 3 days since I hit the street again, I've been through both day and night (gotta lower those headlight beams), sun and rain (new jacket works great), and had my first pucker inducing encounter with a deer in the nightime. Hey, why put this stuff off?

So, Randy, is that multi-marque sport touring ride on July 1 still in the works?
Do you spend a lot of time in Altoona? I left there over 20 years ago, so, I don't really know of the good roads there, but, I do know that Kettle Road heading east off of Pleasant Valley Blvd is a pretty good run. Actually, I think that would be an interesting alternate route from State College. If you take Kettle Road and then then turn on Arch Spring road (before you get to Sinking Valley golf course), it brings you out north of Water Street. From there, there are a couple of different routes that could eventually get you to rt 26 to take you in to State College.

Do you spend a lot of time in Altoona? I left there over 20 years ago, so, I don't really know of the good roads there, but, I do know that Kettle Road heading east off of Pleasant Valley Blvd is a pretty good run. Actually, I think that would be an interesting alternate route from State College. If you take Kettle Road and then then turn on Arch Spring road (before you get to Sinking Valley golf course), it brings you out north of Water Street. From there, there are a couple of different routes that could eventually get you to rt 26 to take you in to State College.
Well, I do spend a lot of time in Altoona, but it's work time, not riding time. I've spent a lot of time exploring roads between Altoona and State College, but usually starting north of town. The campus is actually tucked between Altoona and Juniata, up near the the train works.

I really appreciate the Kettle Road tip. I haven't tried that one yet. I've been on a lot of the little roads just north of Sinking Valley, but looking at Kettle Road on a map, it looks like fun. In fact, my shortest workday this week so far is 10 hours, so I may just slip out of here a little early today and go home that way. :D

Glad you enjoyed it. It's been a few years since I've been on that road on a bike (CBR600 F4i at the time), but, I remember it being a decent run.