Pennsylvania Riders - Check In Here

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy,

I've never made to the Ephrata get-together. I'm going to plan on the Aug. one. Hope to see you there.

I'll have to get up with the chickens to be there by 9:00 :D

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all-
I'm up in Central New Jersey --Whitehouse Station specifically. I also have inlaws in Hatboro, PA. Would love to ride with other FJRs. Sign me up!

Mogan

Mogan,

I grew up near Flemington, just down Rte. 523 from you. Now I'm in Fair Haven, in Monmouth Cty.

We should try to hook up for a ride sometime.

Regards,

Bruce

I'm there almost every month. If we can get our lazy asses out of bed early enough, we'll be parked near the entrance on the left.

I'll keep an eye out for you. We should get there between 9 and 10. we usually go somewhere else for breakfast.

Phil

Hey all,

Check out the thread on the Save the Rally Yacht Poker Run in the long distance section. I've already signed up.

And while we're swapping locations -- I'm smack dab in the middle. Live in State College, work in Altoona. Picked up an '03 a couple of months ago to replace my ancient Concours. This bike kicks.

Anybody headed out to Ephrata VFW for breakfast today?

They changed the weather forecast: Drying conditions with scattered storm debris on the roads.

Should be a good day to ride.

Never done the Ephrata VFW thing. It's about a 2.5 hours from me, so definitely do-able. Does that continue in October?

By the way, I just posted some info on The Void II (a 12 hour rally out of Virginia) up in the Long Distance section. Anyone else from PA thinking of doing this and want to ride down on Friday, Oct 13?

Randy - Congrats on the 11!;-)

Sunday was chilly and overcastt, but it worked out great for me. There still must have been a few hundred bikes there, some real custom beauties too. There were maybe 4 FJR's there, including a demo '06 AE from the Duc/Aprilla dealer (I forget their name, Morris Motorsports, or something like that) in Pottstown. You can test ride it if they haven't sold it yet. I've thought about going over there Saturday.

Got a chance to compare several Givi cases. Decided to get a V46 Givi case, cause I think it will look the best on the Feejr (and hold plenty enough). Ordered it from MCC today, better price than I could find on the net, and they are great folks to deal with. I ordered a rack from https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com (OHFJR on this forum.) that allows you to adjust the case position. Should get it mounted sometime next week.

I'm keeping the first Sunday in October open. Don't know if the food is any good, haven't eaten there yet, but it's a great ride from my place.

Squeezer - they'll be there Oct 1. too early to tell if I'll be able to take off for The Void as I'll be taking the entire week off right before that.

Ski - thx on the congrats! Sorry I missed it. Good choice on the 46 - you'll be happy with it. I might be in Hilton Head on Oct 1. If not, I'll be there. I'll post here and let you know. While there will be a gathering on Oct 1, I'm not sure if they'll be serving. I thought they quit after September, but, I could be wrong.

There were maybe 4 FJR's there, including a demo '06 AE from the Duc/Aprilla dealer (I forget their name, Morris Motorsports, or something like that) in Pottstown. You can test ride it if they haven't sold it yet. I've thought about going over there Saturday.
Martin Motorsports in Pottstown. Bought my FZ6 there.

I'm between Allentown and Pottstown. I'll be ready to buy an FJR in the next couple of weeks so if anyone sees an 06A on a dealer floor let me know. Any help locating one would be greatly appreciated.

There were maybe 4 FJR's there, including a demo '06 AE from the Duc/Aprilla dealer (I forget their name, Morris Motorsports, or something like that) in Pottstown. You can test ride it if they haven't sold it yet. I've thought about going over there Saturday.
Martin Motorsports in Pottstown. Bought my FZ6 there.

ejworthen- I'm south of Pottstown, near Eagle( 401 and 100). Let me know if you want to ride on the weekends.

gregarious :D

I'm between Allentown and Pottstown. I'll be ready to buy an FJR in the next couple of weeks so if anyone sees an 06A on a dealer floor let me know. Any help locating one would be greatly appreciated.

Hey gregarious, I'm always up for a ride. I head down that way on occasion and ride around the French Creek area.

Something tells me that none of us Keystoners are going to be riding for awhile. I'm on way to the garage to give a pouty lip look at the feejer and then fire up the snowblower.

And Punxutawney Phil said we'd have an early spring... Someone should make groundhog stew.

Something tells me that none of us Keystoners are going to be riding for awhile. I'm on way to the garage to give a pouty lip look at the feejer and then fire up the snowblower.
And Punxutawney Phil said we'd have an early spring... Someone should make groundhog stew.
We're 2 months into winter and we're having our first storm. Not too bad. I'll be back out in less than a week.

Thought I'd check in on this thread. I'm not from PA but I live a few minutes from Routes 100 and 82 in Delaware and work in Plymouth Meeting. I commuted on the bike last Monday (2/12) and plan to do again this week (as soon as the ice is gone from my neighborhood streets).

Anyone know when Ephrata First Sunday starts?

Thought I'd check in on this thread. I'm not from PA but I live a few minutes from Routes 100 and 82 in Delaware and work in Plymouth Meeting. I commuted on the bike last Monday (2/12) and plan to do again this week (as soon as the ice is gone from my neighborhood streets).
Anyone know when Ephrata First Sunday starts?
Hey, Chips. I live in central PA, but, make quite a few trips to Wilmington and love to play on rt 100.

Regarding Ephrata, it never really starts and ends for some. As long as the roads are passable, people show up.

It really kicks in in May, I think. That's when they start having breakfast. Prior to that, you can show up, but, they don't have breakfast there (not that I enjoy eating there anyway).

I did November, December, and January, but, missed February.

Randy,

Having eaten there once, I plan to go elsewhere for sustenance. Let me know if you are going in March. I may be up for it if the roads are clear.

It appears that the weather has conspired against my riding this week. Each morning has been icy. Leaving for work at o'dark thirty has it's downside.

Latest posts