Petey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was priveliged to ride way behind Petey the first time I met him at Sparks. He was a rider in another league from me. I loved listening to him talk about his youth, his immigration and life in America. What a gentleman, what a rider. He died doing what he loved but damnit, he is still gone :(

Like Andrew, I only met him once at YFO. But like all of you, I knew him, and was proud to know him. He was one of us. I hope Marty and Gramps and others that were very close to Petey are OK. And I hope his family finds some comfort knowing that Petey was admired across the world.

78 wasn't that young 20 years ago, but you can bet your ass it's way too young now.

Like many of us, Petey understood the true meaning of life - to live in peace and be happy in your endeavors. Ride on, my friend. We will miss you.

Very sad news. Hoping both his family and friends find some comfort. During these most difficult times.

I just poured about 2 fingers of a nice small batch Kentucky bourbon. I'll be sipping in honor of my fallen friend. Y'all be careful at EOM.

Hard to believe......I had the pleasure if meeting and riding with Petey a couple of times in Arkansas........a truly nice guy, and great rider.

RIP Petey.......you were a friend to people all across the country.

Just learning of this and typing with tears in my eyes. So glad I had the opportunity to know Petey, and chat and joke with him during CFO a few weeks ago. I'll echo what others have said: he was a true gentleman, a class act. My condolences to his wife, family, his many friends. May we all take comfort from our memories of him.

Horrible news prayers for his family. RIP Petey. Eom friends my thoughts are with you. Stay safe and focused.

I got to meet Petey last year at Red Lodge. What a nice man and certainly someone to look up to. He was one of the many on this forum who has made a difference in my life. I know I will miss not talking with him again.

So sorry to hear of this. Petey was a friend I met only over 1 weekend in a small group of riders in Harrison, Arkansas, but is was time enough to appreciate him as a man (the fastest great-grandfather on two wheels I think I heard someone say) and a rider. He was fun to talk to and to ride with; and you knew he a depth of experience in life that many of us would never have. Petey, I will miss you, even though we didn't have the opportunity to meet again and ride together again. I pray that your friends and family will have comfort in their grief, and in time will come to be able to celebrate a life well lived, and a man that stood far taller than his height.

Status
Not open for further replies.