Petey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am proud to say I had the chance to meet Petey at CFO this year. I will cherish the memory of him trying to trick me into ordering " Das Boot " at Das Stein Haus. I would raise a glass but it wouldn't hold all our memories, therefore, I raise Das Boot.

My heart hurts so badly. God, I'll miss riding with my buddy. I love you Petey, always will. Star and the kids are pretty torn up, too.

Marty, thank you for being with him and staying with him all the way. That means so much to me. And thank you for calling me.

13 years ago...

35jcdbm.jpg

And through the years.

11waq00.jpg

2uoml39.jpg

28rk4r5.jpg

2wlwocx.jpg

2nbwqb7.jpg

5xrlap.jpg

... I'm very to sorry to hear there was another rider down that I didn't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbearable news.

Another one of my favorite people gone.

Wow how sad. Petey was a great guy and a great rider. I talked to him here and there at a couple of meets but mostly remember him for the day we took an epic ride through some epic Colorado roads with a small group. RIP my friend
waaa.gif

Met Petey at several events throughout the years. What a great person with a huge passion for motorcycling. RIP

Update 10/2/17.

Funeral Services info from Petey's family.

10/5/17 (Thursday) at 4pm
Palmer Marler Funeral Home
5106 N. Washington
Stillwater, OK 74075

I am almost positive that Marty/0face is going to fly over for it.

I am studying the logistics of it now... Not sure yet.

I'm trying to rearrange some commitments, but it isn't looking good at the moment.

Just seeing this now and my heart is breaking. First time I met Petey was at the 2012 NERDs when he and Nosecone spent a few hours chatting with me on the bench outside the Commodores while everyone else was at the Tech Day event. Always looked forward to seeing him again at the next gathering because we knew he would usually be there.

The last time we saw him was at EOM last year where over dinner he shared the story of his journey out of East Berlin and then to the U.S. as a young man.

Petey was a true gentleman, and a true inspiration for all of us who hope to keep exploring the world on two wheels well into our advanced years.

R.I.P. Petey

Speechless...have known and ridden with Petey for over 10 years...what an outstanding person, always happy to see you, always glad you joined to ride with him...comfort and peace to his family and all those who knew Petey's friendship.

For those of you able to make it to his funeral, please convey from the rest of us what a wonderful man Petey was. I will have to be there in spirit only.

I have been looking at the funeral home website for any info about the funeral or if there was a preferred charity to make a donation to, any info would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.