Petey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will truly miss you my German comrade. My heart is heavy and tears in my eye's. After I receive a call me text from Wheatie I was afraid this was the bad news. Peter was one of the original Hooterville riders. I am proud to call him my friend.

RIP...

Smitty

IMG_5086-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What heartbreaking news. The world became a little bit sadder today. I will dearly miss that fast gentleman from Oklahoma.

Very sad day indeed, been honored to have met Petey a few times and I always have thought what a Gentleman he was.

This year at YFO he came to the room and wanted to say hello to me and I felt honored. As we shared a toast I asked him a few things about his career and was fascinated by the things he had accomplished.

In Moscow I shared drinks with Petey, Niehart, Beamer Don and one other gentleman in our room. The delights of living and the sadness of losing are both almost more than one would like to bare.

Tomorrow I'm having breakfast with two of our brothers, I think I'll embarrass them and hug them a bit longer than usual and thank God I can call them my friends.

RIP Petey, life well lead. Your footsteps will be hard to follow.

Rest in Peace Petey. I had the pleasure of making your acquaintance a couple years back at a SWFOG, and then again on a couple of other meets, you always seemed to have a smile on your face and looked at the better side of things. God speed.

WOW, i just found out tonight from Jorstin.........lost for words. RIP Petey will be missed for sure.

I met Petey many times. Always enjoyed chatting with him. Rest in peace.

Rob

Perhaps the most skilled motorcycle rider I've ever met, and -- despite his gruff exterior -- a gentleman. When he smiled, he lit up the room.

Not much else to say, because everybody is already saying it.

Reactions: csi
Update - 10/1/17 - Family Contact Information for greetings and condolences.

From Marty. Petey's daughter, Chris, is asking that for those who would like to send condolences, please use the P.O. Box address listed below - this is her address and it will route items to her. No further information on funeral arrangements have been provided as of this morning - please be patient.

Lache Family

P.O. Box 1031

Bristow, OK 74010

I know Chris saw our comments here from Marty's text.

Chris - our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please do not hesitate to ask if there is anything this community can do to help in anyway.

Wayne.

Heartbreaking news indeed. Got to know Petey a little through our gatherings from the forum here, but never got a chance to actually ride with him.

You might say his skill set had far more tools in it than mine did, or ever will.

R.I.P. Petey and thanks for those times we got to chat some.

Hooterville%20Gang%202005_zpsdxhvzeeg.png
This is such a loss to everyone. I have been friends with Peter for 12 years, Since our first Hooterville MO ride in 2005. You will be GREATLY missed by myself, And so many others who have been blessed to know you, Petey.

I know this is so cliche, But at least you went out doing what you loved most. I will miss our long conversations and the thousands of miles riding with you, my friend.

I remember riding with Petey once back about 10 years ago,.. hi was very friendly too everyone he met. He will be missed.

Devastating, R.I.P. Peaty, you will be missed. Condolences to his friends and family.

Meet Petey once. He was very friendly and I wish I'd had a chance to know him better. One of those guys that everyone had only good things to say about. My thoughts go out to his family and the many who will miss him.

The ways I remember Petey, and always will: his riding - skillful and considerate of others; his friendship - welcoming and engaging, we became friends within minutes of meeting; his engagement with everyone - happy to share his knowledge and insights, but never pushy.

Petey%2001_zpskn7ndlzt.jpg

Me on the left, Petey on the right:

Petey%2002_zpshe5chagc.jpg

Sadly two of these men are no longer with us - Petey, kneeling front right behind Mack 20valves on the forum (2015 throat cancer):

Petey%2003%20Group_zpsbdq7tfut.jpg

And probably best of all - sharing tales and wisdom after a great day riding together:

Petey%2004%20Casual_zps0x1baetl.jpg

My memory of Petey at every event I saw him at... when I came into his view, he gave me this "look", stopped whatever he was doing, and came over to me with a twinkle in his eye and an ear-to-ear grin, and would always, always give me a big hug... he made pretty much anyone he came across feel like a new best friend... I am glad that I got one of those hugs on Thursday night and that will stay with me in my heart forever.

20170601_194727-X2.jpg

Very nice post and photo Tyler. Thank you. This is hard and so sad. Thinking of Marty and Ken now and the stress from this tragic accident. This just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.