PHID (Eyes of God) Bulb

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Continuing to dig, I cannot find any difference between the D1s and the D1R. Interesting.

These are factory replacements for Escalades and some Volkswagons. They all seem to be 35w, Which is what we have anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe those are the same bulbs used in the Hella Micro-D Xenon.

I remember GalaxyBlue and I had a contest between the Phillips and the Hella's at SWFog2010.

The saga continues:

It seems that the D1R has a glare shield on it, and the base is notched differently than the D1S. I can't look at the good one right now as I'm TDY in Georgia at the moment.

Link; https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44269-D1R-bulbs-work-as-a-D1S-Replacement'

Not unlike the Ignitor flip in Warchild's FJR Tech article that led to the group buy so long ago(when I bought mine). I am starting to believe that the PHID housing is marked D1S D1R because either one can be mounted!! Real CSI stuff here!

D1S has a symetrical pattern and in D1R the light emitted has a right shift pattern (for europreans, not UK). Get the D1S

I should have a spare laying around if you are interested......
Greetings,
Many years ago I installed the PHID on my FJR. The bike went through a flood, the PHIDs' surrvived and are now on my car but recently one of the lenses broke. I've been trying to locate the original lamp housing, (I don't the housings were made by Philips), but unable to locate anything. I wonder if you may have any thoughts on if these lamps still exist.

Hi,
I have the original Philips ballasts, wiring, and the D1S HID lamps, I'm in need of only the lamp housing, (actually two housings, one lense broken, one cracked).

Latest posts