Phone or GPS - Ultimate Mounting Solution - Really! - No BS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrstphrM

ChrstphrM
Reaction score
Phone or GPS - Ultimate Mounting Solution - Really! - No BS
Here is what I consider to be the ultimate Ram Mount solution for a Phone, a GPS, or any other similar accessory.
It can be installed in ten minutes.
It can easily be removed and your FJR can be returned to pristine stock condition without issue in the same 10 minutes.

€72.00 at migsel.com Migsel GPS mount - FJR1300 ( Product Code GPS-R-FJR1300 )
It Includes anodized aluminum mounting plate, mounting bolts, and 1" RAM ball (yes the ball is included)
It is strong enough for mobile phones, mp3 players, radar detectors, cameras,etc,
It puts your device dead center below your guages.
It is held in place by two long bolts that replace the original tank mount bolts.
It remains in the center even when you move your handlebars.
It will not interfere with tank bags.
It leaves no trace when removed.
It takes less than 5 minutes to install.
It can be paid for via PayPal.
It does cost whatever €72.00 ends up being based on the current exchange rate but it is well worth it.
It arrives in about a week.
It is beautifully crafted.

fjr1300_migsel_mount-jpg.82879

$ 9.49 at AMAZON RAM Mount Composite Short Double Socket Arm for 1-Inch Ball Bases
It Includes 2 each 1" Ball sockets with nearly full range motion at both ends.
It uses just one large wingnut-style knob for tightening once you get it positioned just the way you want it.
It is perfect for this application.

fjr1300_ram_double_socket_arm-jpg.82877

$29.99 at AMAZON TACKFORM Motorcycle Phone Mount
It Includes 1" Ball Connection and Heavy Duty Spring Loaded Holder.
It is compatible with RAM and ARKON 1 Inch Ball System.
It does not require a tether, but they include one anyway.
It has a seriously strong spring action that holds your device in place even when riding over speed bumps or through potholes.
It does not block your power and or volume buttons like various other mounts.
It looks much better than the X-Grip.
It does not require a special case like the Quad Lock.
It works with nearly any case and even works without a case.
It just plain rocks!

fjr1300_tackform_mount-jpg.82878

Final Product - Enjoy the Ride!
This migsel, RAM, tackform mounting solution works perfectly.
It holds a phone, a GPS, or any other similar accessory securely even over bumps.
It stays centered even when you turn your handlebars.
It does not block your view of any gauges.
It takes 10 minutes to install.
It is fully adjustable.
It looks great.
Seriously, what more could you want?

fjr1300_phn_gps_1-jpg.82876

A long-time member here, Dave at Wynpro (08FJR4me) made these style mounts years ago and were quite popular. Not sure what the best phone mount would be though.

Only comment I would have is to be aware that a number of people have reported their phone cameras died after being mounted in a rigid motorcycle mount. Issue related to image stabilization hardware in a high vibration environment. Not saying it is going to happen but just stuff I have read. (not sure if this only happened when camera was being used...)

Only comment I would have is to be aware that a number of people have reported their phone cameras died after being mounted in a rigid motorcycle mount. Issue related to image stabilization hardware in a high vibration environment. Not saying it is going to happen but just stuff I have read. (not sure if this only happened when camera was being used...)
Absolutely this can occur. I use a QuadLock mount (exceptional !) but the original version did not have any anti-vibration and it ruined the camera in my iPhone with it having to be replaced. The camera loses the ability to focus. I have since fitted an anti-vibration mount (add-on to the original mount) and it is brilliant.