Photobucket Hack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knifemaker

Not me
Reaction score
This is working on other forums, not sure if it will work here.

But if you have a post where your photo bucket image has been replaced with that stupid upgrade message, you can see your photo if you do this...

Hit "edit", go to the URL string for the image and where it ends with "jpg" simply type in

"~original"

right after jpg, so I will now read "jpg~original" (no quotes of course) then hit "save"

Not sure how long it will work till they find out about it....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is working on other forums, not sure if it will work here.
But if you have a post where your photo bucket image has been replaced with that stupid upgrade message, you can see your photo if you do this...

Hit "edit", go to the URL string for the image and where it ends with "jpg" simply type in

"~original"

right after jpg, so I will now read "jpg~original" (no quotes of course) then hit "save"

Not sure how long it will work till they find out about it....
What the hell is that little thingamajig in between jpg and original?

"~" is a "tilde" and is found at the upper left corner of most qwerty keyboards.
Well how about that. I've been trying to learn a few phrases in Spanish for an up coming trip to mexico but I never knew I had it on my key board.

Tilde

an accent (~) placed over Spanish n when pronounced ny (as in señor ) or Portuguese a or o when nasalized (as in São Paulo ), or over a vowel in phonetic transcription, indicating nasalization.

I'm getting so dang smart hanging around this place.
smile.png

Unfortunately, you can't use the tilde key to make the "tilde n". For that (at least on a Windows system), you hold down the "alt" key and enter 0241.

to get this: ñ (You can make most of the common accented letters in a similar fashion.)

Nasalized: your best Fran Drescher imitation.

Here's a few more:

Photobucket Fix ...

If you're running Google Chrome:

Click on the three dots on the right side of the screen;

A drop down should appear;

Hover over "More Tools";

When the next drop down appears, click on "Extensions";

Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get More Extensions";

In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix";

Click "Enter";

Click the "Install";

Once the install is complete you should be able to see Photobucket linked photos again.

If you're running FireFox:

Click the three bars at the top right of your screen;

Click "Add Ons";

Click in the search box and search "photobucket hotlink" ... Photobucket Hotlink should be the first result in the list that's generated;

Click install;

Reload the forum.

Did anyone get this email?:

"On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 12:23, Photobucket

<[email protected]> wrote:

photobucket

AJ,

As we mentioned in an email to you recently, changes are coming at Photobucket.

We are conducting a survey of our valued users, and here it is! Please take a just a few minutes to complete the survey. This will give you a direct voice in the changes and will help us to understand exactly what we should do to make Photobucket better and more valuable to you.

TAKE SURVEY

Thank you for your time!

The Photobucket Team

To manage your notification settings, click here.

If you no longer wish to receive emails from Photobucket, simply unsubscribe.

Photobucket respects your privacy. For our complete privacy policy, please click here

All rights reserved. 2399 Blake Street, Suite 160, Denver, CO 80205

Ⓒ 2018 Photobucket.com

This should be the link to the survey:

https://pmgco.com/Home/Photobucket-Survey?utm_source=ga&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:15204668&utm_campaign=2018-04-26 13638 User Survey Non-Openers - Free

It was a blue button in my email, so it didn't copy. I hammered them, telling them the problems they caused by being greedy. If you had or have a PB account, maybe complete the survey. My goal is to get them to create a plan that's like $5/month for slight users. I think most of us would fit in that category. Who knows, maybe they'll listen.

Not going there, not going to tell them anything, not even going to tell them to fuck off. Moved all my photos and fixed as many of the links as I can find .... Photobucket is no longer any concern of mine.