PIAA 85114 twin pack horns

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullivan

Reaction score
Finally installed one of the two horns. Now that Yam has value-engineered the previous years' two horns to a single, I still want to go for it and add the second horn to the circuit as is.  I can't recall from previous posts if the gen 4/3.5/late model already has a relay or different amp fuse compared to my previous FJR's.  Just want to extend with a short tap to the second unit.  Can't be that much of a draw through the switch.  Thoughts?

Did you peruse a parts fiche and see what the fuse and/or relay from an earlier version were rated? I wonder if you could just order the parts and drop the horns in on the existing wiring?

I think people have successfully run the two PIAA 85114 horns on a GEN III+ without additional fuses, relays etc.  Just have to run another wire from the first horn to the second one.  Need some sort of bracket...

Yep, I have two PIAA horns on my 2014 since not long after I bought the bike.  Never a lick of trouble. And I will say there have been multiple times I was glad to sound like a Buick when some dikwad driver was merging into my space.  Well worth doing.  Just wire the second horn in parallel to the #1 horn and there is plenty of amperage in the circuit for those horns.

Edit to say that on my 2014 I used the “sports horns” not the slim-line sports horns, which I recall use slightly more power, but still, never a problem.

I think people have successfully run the two PIAA 85114 horns on a GEN III+ without additional fuses, relays etc.  Just have to run another wire from the first horn to the second one.  Need some sort of bracket...
I mounted the second one under a radiator mounting bolt.  No problem for almost 7 years and 140k miles.