Picked up my new 2022 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still trying to figure the Forum out while doing a ton of traveling. It looks like your comment was for me but it says Bill. And what did you man by living in LaVerne? Sorry for being a headache!! 😩

Ok, I think I got your post now. Haha. You lived in in LaVerne. I lived in San Dimas for a little while. That is where I met my wife as well. Wasn't sure if you were talking to me or the Bill above. Anyways, yes, I'm a newby :)

I wasn't very excited about the blue at all until I saw it in person and then saw it in the sun. I really like it now and am VERY happy with it. Thank you :) I still kind of wish they could have been more creative w/ colors over the years. Especially since they do only one color each year for us in the USA.
There are some things you can do to upgrade the color that won’t break the bank. I had some concerns myself about visibility. I wear mostly dark riding gear and with the totally gray bike I thought I would do something to make it more noticeable. The graphics were done locally and it catches the eye of other drivers now. They are reflective as well.

Attachments

• 94CF3FCB-0449-4C78-90A2-9D23579C3103.jpeg
    94CF3FCB-0449-4C78-90A2-9D23579C3103.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 34
Yes. And I bought the top case and it is back ordered as well. Who knows when they will come in. I just wanted to make sure I got the bike because it seems that there are very few 2022’s in the country to get. I know that I could’ve gotten used older ones but my mind was set on getting the 2022 if it was at all possible.
I called again about side cases for my 2022, and was told this Fall. I purchased a 2016 top case (it’s the same blue color) from Revzilla. I didn’t even see a blue 2022 top case listed, only black.

I called again about side cases for my 2022, and was told this Fall. I purchased a 2016 top case (it’s the same blue color) from Revzilla. I didn’t even see a blue 2022 top case listed, only black.
Thanks for this. I ordered my topcase from the shop I bought the bike from. I was assuming it was blue like the bike. But, I will check on that. And, are you sure the bike is the exact same color as the 2016. I have seen that bike several times and it doesn't seem the same to me. But, I am no expert on this by any means. Thanks for the heads up on this. Yes, I'm expecting side cases in fall but won't be surprised if we don't. I have a set up 07 side cases that I haven't had the nerve to put on the 2022. Haha! Thankfully I have the BMW right now to do my long rides with.

Thanks for this. I ordered my topcase from the shop I bought the bike from. I was assuming it was blue like the bike. But, I will check on that. And, are you sure the bike is the exact same color as the 2016. I have seen that bike several times and it doesn't seem the same to me. But, I am no expert on this by any means. Thanks for the heads up on this. Yes, I'm expecting side cases in fall but won't be surprised if we don't. I have a set up 07 side cases that I haven't had the nerve to put on the 2022. Haha! Thankfully I have the BMW right now to do my long rides with.
The 2022 top cases I searched for were only in Raven black, but maybe they have blue ones now. Yes, the case I ordered is the same color.

Attachments

• E1363AC4-C62D-47E7-924B-E606509342B2.jpeg
    E1363AC4-C62D-47E7-924B-E606509342B2.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1041FE07-0062-44C2-8D17-20E7F81EE1A0.jpeg
    1041FE07-0062-44C2-8D17-20E7F81EE1A0.jpeg
    978.5 KB · Views: 13
There are some things you can do to upgrade the color that won’t break the bank. I had some concerns myself about visibility. I wear mostly dark riding gear and with the totally gray bike I thought I would do something to make it more noticeable. The graphics were done locally and it catches the eye of other drivers now. They are reflective as well.
Not bad!!
The 2022 top cases I searched for were only in Raven black, but maybe they have blue ones now. Yes, the case I ordered is the same color.
Wow man! That looks really good. It does certainly look like the same color. Looks really nice. I'm going to make sure I check on this. I don't think I want black, although I do like black. But your setup looks really nice. Thank you

I bought my 2007 FJR in 2008 brand new w/ 48 miles on it. I put another 141, 000 miles on it over the 13 years I owned it up until last year. I sold it to my son-in-law after someone gave me a very nice 2012 BMW K1600. The K1600 is an amazing bike but it doesn't get my soul like the FJR does. My wife's dad passed away recently and we were able to get a small inheritance. My wife very kindly told me to get another FJR. I respectfully obeyed her! Ha! In searching for the 2022 FJR, it was not easy to find. My wife actually found one for me in Indianapolis at Dreyer Motorsports. Not sure how accurate this is but they said there were only 10 left in the USA including Alaska. I put a deposit on it about 3 weeks ago and then flew there very early Wed morning. Paid for it. Signed papers. Put on some mounts and then drove it back to North Carolina. It had "O" miles on it when I drove it out of the stores showroom.

Loved it!!! So nice. Much better than the 2007 I had. The only thing it needs (besides the side cases and top box) is a bigger windscreen and some fog lights.

I'm driving my K1600 across the country right now. I work for MotoAmerica and WERA motorcycle road racing. I'm at Barber now and then will ride to Laguna starting Sunday night. Then after Laguna all the way back to North Carolina. Can't wait to ride the FJR again.
Congratulations. Your ride is looking fantastic :love:

And, are you sure the bike is the exact same color as the 2016. I have seen that bike several times and it doesn't seem the same to me. But, I am no expert on this by any means.

2012, 2016, and 2022 FJRs are all the exact same blue.