Pilot Road 2's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AStar

Reaction score
I don't know if I will be punished for this, but I thought it would be a fast way to get this information in one place. I have read the threads on the PR2's and some have given information on where they got their tires and how much. T just thought it would be nice to have all that information in one place. Living west of San Antonio I will probably have to mail order my tires to get a good price. Your help will be appreciated.

I gave my local dealer the pricing from parts411 & they matched it.

$ 129.10 for the front & $ 166.13 for the rear.

parts411

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid $340 installed through Cycle Gear, but they also gave me a small discount for a prior issue. Love the tires though.

Seems like 295 and up is going to be the price. I will contact my stealer tomorrow and see what they want and if they will price match. They will surely make a killing on the mounting anyway.

I don't know if I will be punished for this, but I thought it would be a fast way to get this information in one place. I have read the threads on the PR2's and some have given information on where they got their tires and how much. T just thought it would be nice to have all that information in one place. Living west of San Antonio I will probably have to mail order my tires to get a good price. Your help will be appreciated.
SWMoto is out of stock on the rear........Got mine from Ebay power seller HPCycle out of Florida $269.95 plus $24.95 shipping to lower 48.......took about 6 days from Florida to Sacramento, CA. They have 100% feedback and are a Michelin Platinum Dealer.......got a free t-shirt with the deal.....for what it is worth. They got in the first 400 sets into the US........

SWMoto is out of stock on the rear........Got mine from Ebay power seller HPCycle out of Florida $269.95 plus $24.95 shipping to lower 48.......took about 6 days from Florida to Sacramento, CA. They have 100% feedback and are a Michelin Platinum Dealer.......got a free t-shirt with the deal.....for what it is worth. They got in the first 400 sets into the US........
Gunny that! I think I may be pulling the trigger on one of their auctions here shortly.

I got mine from HPCycle on ebay. I ordered them before they got them and they shipped them earlier than they expected. They have a happy customer here.

Mike

I went to E-bay and found them for the buy it now price of 269.95 with 24.95 shipping. I placed an open bid of 259.95 with 20 hours left on the sale and got a message one hour later saying I had won the auction for the tires. Went to paypal and paid directly the amount of 284.90 and the tires have been shipped. Pretty satisfied with the purchase. Thanks for everyones input on this, it helped alot.

I ordered a set of PR's from SWT on Monday ..$258 delivered.......gottem today

Now if they feel as good but last longer than the "storms" , I'll be a happy camper indeed.

I ordered a set of PR's from SWT on Monday ..$258 delivered.......gottem today
Now if they feel as good but last longer than the "storms" , I'll be a happy camper indeed.
Ghost...you talking about PR or PR2's b/c I get a little higher price on PR2's from SWMoto. Lowest price delivered on PR2's I have found is $285

Good to know that DK will price match SWMoto

I dunno.

Invoice and website just says "Pilot Roads"

I checked the sidewall of the tires and it just says Pilot Road.

I assumed they would be the most current.....?

I've always had good service from them, if the tires aren't current I'll send them back.

Anyone know for sure - are PR2's marked as such on the tire ?

I dunno.
Invoice and website just says "Pilot Roads"

I checked the sidewall of the tires and it just says Pilot Road.

I assumed they would be the most current.....?

I've always had good service from them, if the tires aren't current I'll send them back.

Anyone know for sure - are PR2's marked as such on the tire ?
They should look like my Avatar, I think you bought the old version.

The website shows pilot road and pilot road 2 now. I don't see a picture of the pilot road 2 on the Southwest Moto website.

Well, I just bid $258 for a pair and $24.95 shipping...we'll see how that goes. That only a 13% premium over the Storm's from SW moto. As much as I like SW Moto, they are out of stock on the rear PR2 and I am saving $30 by going this route.

*UPDATE* This EBAY seller (HPCYCLE from Fla.) has them listed for $258+24.95 with a BIN price of 269.99. If you put in a bid for 258.00, you'll win the auction ~2 hrs later even though it had another 5 days left on it. IMO, a great deal for $282 total.