"Pin Pad" for brake caliper - 2016 model

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birkdale10

Reaction score
It is Sunday, and I have stripped out a screw.

I went looking, and found a zillion places to do a search for a part and order it, and used the "Online OEM Parts and Farkle Sources" link to good effect.

But, I can't find the part. I hate to have to wait until Tuesday (all the local shops are closed Monday).

Here is the part number I find: 3P6-25924-00-00 This is a "Pin, Pad". It is listed as #8 on every exploded diagram I can find. It is the pin that goes through the front brake pads (#7) and the pad support (#6).

The problem is that every diagram I find shows a clip ("stopper") on the end of the pin. And, yes, on my long departed 2005, that is how it worked: a pin, with a clip on the other end.

But my 2016 does not have that clip. It has what looks like a brass bushing on the 'inside', and that is all that holds it in.

I looked at diagrams for '16, '17, and '18. I recently saw an '18 on the dealer floor, and the brakes have totally changed, so I know the diagrams are just wrong.

Does anyone know of 'better' diagrams? Or should I just go see the dealer?

Last edited by a moderator:
2013 workshop manual shows what I believe to be a rubber O-ring, which is what I remember from changing brake pads on my Gen2 bikes (never done it on my Gen3s.

Picture from 2013 workshop manual (but there's no indication of part number for that O-ring):

Last edited by a moderator:
mcatrophy: your diagram looks like what I'm seeing on the bike. Part #1 (brake pad bolt) looks exactly like what I'm needing. No part number, bummer.

RossKean: your two diagrams just make things worse. Part #10 on the 2011 looks like a washer. Part #11 on the 2016 looks like a wire clip. Totally different. Both have the same part number.

I guess I better go see the YamaParts man on Tuesday.

mcatrophy's diagram from his FSM is the same as what my 2007 FSM shows. Also identical to my 2009-11 FSM. I think that "o-ring" is actually part of the pad pin and I think it is metal, not rubber? (Had mine apart in the spring and definitely did not remove that piece from the pin.) It also looks like what is on my bike. Don't know where the (two different) parts are for the on-line fiches - seems odd that they got it wrong on two different diagrams! Not on either of my Gen IIs for sure.

I think you will be fine if you just get the pin.

a log long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, somebody had a brainstorm

Honda Part No. 43215-KZ4-J41

might be worth looking at