Pirelli Street

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
I called cycle gear and they told me they aren't stocking the Strada any more.

They said the new tire that they are switching to is the Diablo Street?

I've never heard of this tire. I asked if it was the Rosso?

They said no, it's just called the Street??? Can't even find it on Pirelli's website.

clicky

See the plain old "Diablo"? Is that what they are talking about?

Anyone know anything about this tire, it sounds like it might be oriented towards sports bikes more than st's.

I need a tire for tomorrow, this is what I get for procrastinating....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny. Pirelli are clearly still making the Stradas. They are still hawking them on their website

Interestingly, you have to click on "Street" to find them...

Hmm... seems odd.

I looked on cyclegears website and they're having one hell of a good deal on a set of these badboys thought!! $169 for a set!!!

They also have this link to Pirelli's website. I dunno... if I knew for sure it was a replacement for the Strada, I'd order myself up 2-3 sets for this price!

Hmm... seems odd.
I looked on cyclegears website and they're having one hell of a good deal on a set of these badboys thought!! $169 for a set!!!

They also have this link to Pirelli's website. I dunno... if I knew for sure it was a replacement for the Strada, I'd order myself up 2-3 sets for this price!
That is the regular Diablo. It is more of a sport bike tire and you won't get the mileage from those that you do from the Stradas. To see the Stradas you click on "Street Products" instead of "Hypersports Products" (whatever that means).

Well, I think I just figured it out. They're just rebadging the Diablo and the Diablo Street. Its not a replacetment for the Strada, its just adding "Street" to the name of the regular Diablo tire for sportbikes.

If you look at the link that Cycle gear provides, it sends you to the Diablo tires. Its the same link that is on Pirelli's website for the Diablo.

Just got back from cycle gear.

The guy I talked to was confused. It is the Diablo, that is listed under hypersport on pirelli's site.

They had 1 strada left, so I just bought that.

Although at $169 for a set, I'm debating going back and picking up a set of the Diablo's since I'll need a new set after this rear.

Crap, If they last for 2000 miles, at $169 it is still a good deal!

Wonder if they are o.k. on the FJR. I'm going to try to contact pirelli and ask them if those tires are cool for an FJR.

Just got back from cycle gear.
The guy I talked to was confused. It is the Diablo, that is listed under hypersport on pirelli's site.

They had 1 strada left, so I just bought that.

Although at $169 for a set, I'm debating going back and picking up a set of the Diablo's since I'll need a new set after this rear.

Crap, If they last for 2000 miles, at $169 it is still a good deal!

Wonder if they are o.k. on the FJR. I'm going to try to contact pirelli and ask them if those tires are cool for an FJR.
I'm sure they are OK , but you'll probably go through them in just a little over that 2k miles you mentioned. Who wants to be putting tires on that often?

However, I will need some skins for my VFR soon, and that might work there. Same tires size as the FJR but a hunnert less lbs and buncha less tire burning torque

If Pirelli tells you anything other than "buy the E-spec Strada", then I'll be shocked. Too much liability for any tire manufacturer to officially recommend anything that's not certified for your bike.